Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are excommunicated and have to take one fewer resource on every occasion you take a resource, does this also apply to conversions which produce wood/stone?

So, for example, you have to take one fewer wood/stone from anything and everything which gives you wood/stone. But if I use a gold to wood conversion card will that also generate one fewer wood?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duckworp wrote:
If you are excommunicated and have to take one fewer resource on every occasion you take a resource, does this also apply to conversions which produce wood/stone?

So, for example, you have to take one fewer wood/stone from anything and everything which gives you wood/stone. But if I use a gold to wood conversion card will that also generate one fewer wood.

That's a good question. I expect the answer is yes, as the excommunication effects seem to be universal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter D
United Kingdom
london
UK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

we played it that it didn't...I wonder what the designers intended?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Virginio Gigli
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
If you are excomunicated you lose 1 wood or 1 stone also when you produce them in yours buildings.
So, yes, you lose it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos Brito
Brazil
NiterĂ³i
RJ
flag msg tools
badge
Gaming Engine
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question related to this topic:

When you trigger the ax or the gear icon triggering all your green or yellow cards, do you lose a resource for each green/yellow card triggered that produces wood and/or stone and also for your bonus tile, or do you lose a single resource for the overall action as a whole?

For example, my bonus tile gives me 1 wood and 1 stone, and I have a green card that gives me 3 wood? When I activate the harvest do I lose 1 resource (wood or stone) or do I lose 2 (1 wood for the green card + 1 wood or stone for the bonus tile)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, does excommunication apply to Leader abilities? There are a few leaders that give you either coins/servants/materials each round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tan
Malaysia
Cheras
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brito wrote:
Another question related to this topic:

When you trigger the ax or the gear icon triggering all your green or yellow cards, do you lose a resource for each green/yellow card triggered that produces wood and/or stone and also for your bonus tile, or do you lose a single resource for the overall action as a whole?

For example, my bonus tile gives me 1 wood and 1 stone, and I have a green card that gives me 3 wood? When I activate the harvest do I lose 1 resource (wood or stone) or do I lose 2 (1 wood for the green card + 1 wood or stone for the bonus tile)?

You lose 1 resource for each corresponding symbol you see on each card. So in your example you lose 2 resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.