Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in time to miss the release of Burning of Prospero, GW lets us know these spanking new Thousand Son Marines are coming soon:

$40.
$50.
$60.

I know, amazing, right?

OK, before anyone blows a gasket, lets understand what GW done did here. Prospero comes with two, generic pre-Heresy Mk III armor Marine squads, and one Terminator squad. You paint one Marine squad up Space Wolves, and the other Power Armor and Terminator squads as Thousand Sons (ie. red, and slap on decals). Good to go for Prospero. Or, 30K.

These new, amazing Thousand Sons Marines are post-Heresy era. AFTER the Thousand Sons were changed into spirit animated power armor marines (I know, I just report this stuff). They are good to go for 40K. And, honestly, who the heck is going to complain if they get used in Prospero, too? I'm sure they will be regular prices (so, NOT a deal). But, wow would they pimp the game!

I'm officially conflicted.

As always, DON'T blame the messenger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cutthroat Cardboard (Barry)
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those look great though I must admit to loving the marines in Prospero. There's something about the models I find really attractive.

As someone who's largely managed to stay away from GW for most of the last 20 years, having mainly been dragged back in by the new boxed games, I have to admit that the quality of the models they are now producing is fantastic....as are the prices they are able to charge for their individual figures!

In a weak moment found myself buying the Age of Sigmar starter yesterday...(I'm sure I only went in for more paint whistle) This resulted in another rescue mission to my garage to pull out a pile of fantasy figures that have lain unloved for some time. Much re-basing ahead for me....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
azza rein
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those termies look really awesome and ahriman looks cooler than big ol Magnus himself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
mydnight wrote:
Those termies look really awesome and ahriman looks cooler than big ol Magnus himself.

They're lovely figures, but part of my enjoyment of the GW boxed games is the theme and the importance of a vignette drawn from the rich history of the setting. Each game is a snapshot of a time and place, so I couldn't bring myself to use these guys in the game. As I don't play the tabletop game either, these dudes are no use to me personally.

Really exciting to see GW continually pushing the envelope with what is possible with a plastic kit though. The detail is exceptional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try to put this as gently as I can. I hear you. I feel you (gently).

I admire your respect for theme. And, I do dig those Prospero Minis.

But, damn, them new Thousand Sons are dope! Yes, I have teenagers, I'm conversant with their patois.

I say this, not because I care about my fellow Geeks. I don't (I do feel them when I can, though). But, it's forgivable to go with the Rule of Cool. Especially when substituting Thousand Sons for Thousand Sons.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Lewis
United States
Abilene
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Between these, the Acolytes & Tzaangors from Silver Tower, there is much dopeness in play.

Linear time means nothing in the warp anyway, right?

ZombieMark wrote:
I'll try to put this as gently as I can. I hear you. I feel you (gently).

I admire your respect for theme. And, I do dig those Prospero Minis.

But, damn, them new Thousand Sons are dope! Yes, I have teenagers, I'm conversant with their patois.

I say this, not because I care about my fellow Geeks. I don't (I do feel them when I can, though). But, it's forgivable to go with the Rule of Cool. Especially when substituting Thousand Sons for Thousand Sons.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aquilaprime wrote:
Between these, the Acolytes & Tzaangors from Silver Tower, there is much dopeness in play.

You do know you wouldn't need to use the Silver Tower Tzangors, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You boys just had to go there...shake

I feel for ya.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Prices in USD added to original posts. Oh, my aching wallet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha.

This is where my desire to stay true to the theme pays off.

To "pimp" Burning of Prospero with these models is going to cost $200. And that's before you look at upgrading the Wolves.

The UK prices work out £25, £30, and £35. So, £120.

For context, I bought my brand new copy of Burning of Prospero for £80.

Thankfully I have absolutely no desire to replace the absolutely beautiful miniatures from the boxed game with these.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only things standing between me and true gaming glory are money, desire, and talent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Hornblower
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I see. The Warp. Ever-corrupting. (My wallet)

Scarab Occult Terminators: €45 (5x)
Rubric Marines: €40 (10x)

(price for we old-worlders)

I don't even have the boxed game (YET), but, the sheer idea of playing with those puppets is... flirty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mythologem wrote:
... flirty...

Flirtin' with disaster, y’all damn sure know what I mean
You know, the way we run our lives, it makes no sense to me
I don't know about yourself or what you plan to be, yeah
When we gamble with our time we choose our destiny
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jon ike
U.S. Virgin Islands
St. John
Virgin Islands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Don't know about Molly Hatchet but when i look at these new minis and get Powerslave stuck in my head! Almost enough reason to start an army for a game i dont play!

"Into the Abyss I'll fall - the eye of Horus...."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And Duncan shows you how to paint these minis and introduces two new blue paints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HOLM7dXiyk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.