Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diana craciun
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
as a newcomer to this game I am preparing 4 decks for my gaming group tomorrow.

I have for each of the 4 factions total 47 cards.
The cards from the main box, the cards from the 4 Tyrant expansions and the cards from the KS.

I realize each starting deck should be no more than 30 cards but with 47 each player can select 30 cards from the 47.

If my idea above is correct do you agree that us four girls tomorrow will have a fairly balance event ?
we will play each other once and whoever has the best record from the 3 games will be the winner.

have i got this right ?
or am i totally wrong and i should have purchased more copies of the base set or more copies of Tyrant expansion ?

Another question
Is it against spirit of the game (is it illegal) to mix and match the 4 factions and give each player 47 cards but from all 4 factions as oppose to one deck for each faction ? or do you think its best to start this way ?

Thanks for any advise.

Diana
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hall
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I don't think you'll have much trouble playing that way! Also, if you want to allow mixing of colors, that works too. I think when someone's playing for the first time it's best to just give them all 30 cards of the same color from the base set, but I think you'll be ok with any of these plans.

If you want to see all the recommended variant for the game, check out this page:

http://www.epiccardgame.com/formats/

Good luck and have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Total unplayed games in my collection: 7
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2-color decklists found here are a great way to introduce the game to new players. These lists were included as part of the Epic Kickstarter campaign. It's not necessary to play with the demigod powers, these decks work just fine on their own. Just taught 2 new players yesterday using these decks.

Keep in mind that while most Epic formats have a minimum of 30 card decks, many of those formats allow you to build decks exceeding that minimum. And feel free to mix colors however you choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yay more woman players! High-five.

If it's everyone's 1st time, then I suggest just give everyone a 30 card deck from the base set of all one colour. That way you don't have to worry so much about Loyalty.

Say: Good gains a lot of life and has dangerous flying creatures. Evil can easily kill champions and has fun interactions with discard piles. Wild has big creatures and direct damage but is weak in the air - it must force big fliers to defend. Sage has great card draw & disruption, and some big hitters.

Wild will have the most difficult matchups (Good fliers, Soul Hunter in Evil), so give it to an experienced player, who knows how to use their champions to apply pressure.

Alternatively yeah use the demigod lists and you get around some of those mono-faction quirks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diana craciun
Canada
Ajax
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Guys
I shall post the result of this 4 player round robin event and hope we do not make too many mistakes with regards to the rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Hall
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to hearing about it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.