Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Bernard
United States
Fairview
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rules state (P. 6)"Some cards do not require an action to play and may be played at any time." So I assumed that cards like "Quick Reaction" and "Slow News Day" which state "play on any turn - not an action" could be played at any time, i.e. when it is not your turn. After all, "any" turn can be someone else's turn.

But then I noticed that there are cards like "Hitler's Schedule Leaked" which state "play at any time - not an action". So why the difference in wording unless "play on any turn" really means "play on your turn". But then that's inconsistent with the rules which state that cards that do not require an action to play can be played at any time. And if "play on any turn" really means your turn, why not simply say "play on your turn - not an action".

This is a ritical point as it can mean the difference between success and failure of a plot. So one of two possibilities exist:

1. The rules are correct and the cards are inconsistently worded: the "play on any turn" cards should have read "play at any time"; or
2. The rules are wrong and the "play on any turn" cards mean "play on your turn".

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.