GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,995 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Fortress America» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: Looking for players in the Indianapolis area rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping to get a face to face going, so I just want to see if any one in the area is interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Void Stalker
msg tools
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
Hoping to get a face to face going, so I just want to see if any one in the area is interested.
Although I'm not in Indy, and this reply is going on a year after your post, I wonder if play by webcam is a possibility?

I rather suspect that this game has many would be players, that simply don't have the time to get a game going face to face, but with the use of webcam technology, could start getting some great games going, from the comfort of their own respective homes, and no need to travel!

I would also like the opportunity to showcase my planned construction of a gaming surface that can be raised for storage and lowered for play, such that folks could leave a game setup, take a break and raise the playing surface up near the ceiling, and then lower it back down when it is time to continue the game.

Another option, one that for me would be doable but far more cumbersome, would be to take a photo of the gameboard at the conclusion of gameplay in every playing session, so that you could pack away the game, and then breakout the set and re-set the board, to continue on.

For me, the far better option is to build a framework, that allows a pully-mounted playing surface to be raised up and down from near the ceiling, and some simple items, like milk crates, be quickly moved into position for the gaming surface to be lowered onto for stability sake, and then playing from there. I personally have three sets of FA, and plan to have at least one set aside for webcam play once I build my gaming surface, and buy a webcam and get it up and running.

Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't be interested in that. One can also play Fortress America via Vassal, but that doesn't really appeal to me either. I'm strictly looking for face-to-face play.

Thanks for responding though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Void Stalker
msg tools
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
I wouldn't be interested in that. One can also play Fortress America via Vassal, but that doesn't really appeal to me either. I'm strictly looking for face-to-face play.

Thanks for responding though!
No problem.
About Vassal, I already have that, for a different game, but does it allow for FA to play well, or is it very clunky?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FA is one of the modules. I haven't tried it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.