Subject: Looking for family game, 6 players ages 6+up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Christmas gift time, and we're looking for a game for the family to play. There are also younger kids so things that will work with even younger kids but with more players would be helpful.

Being able to play with less players would be good.

We already have Forbidden Island on the list.

So a game that my wife would like (Dominion, Ticket to Ride, Railways of the World), me and the kids would like (Eclipse, Thunder Alley, Captains of Industry, Railways of the World), and that my 6 yo daughter would also like (Masters Gallery, Bazaar, Bisickle)

The games listed are games I know they like to give a bit of background, but feel free to request whatever because we're all different.

Less downtime is important because some of the kids have trouble with bazaar when it gets above 3 players... Okay, it's me. And the kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two games readily come to mind . . .

6 nimmt!, aka Category 5, Slide 5, Take 5, and other names. Plays 2-10, and in less than 30 minutes regardless the number of players because of simultaneous selection. Numbers on cards, but no text.

Another simultaneous selection game is Between Two Cities, which plays with 1-7. This is a tile laying game where players cooperate with the players to their left and right to build cities. Symbols, but no text.

Little or no downtime in these games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wilder
Canada
North York
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My kids love PitchCar

If dexterity games aren't your thing, I think Wits & Wagers Family, Say Anything Family Edition are good options. My daughter really loves Snake Oil. These are great since everyone is always involved.

If you want non-party games I think you may have difficulty finding something great if down time is going to be a problem.

TransAmerica is a basic train game (simpler than Ticket to Ride), so I think it works even for younger kids, but I still enjoy it quite a bit.

Around here Loopin' Chewie has been pretty cheap, and the family loves it. It only plays three, but there are plans on BGG to 3D print a couple pieces that let you combine to copies to play 6 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7 Wonders

Shadows Over Camelot

Castle Panic

Dungeon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamaica is my go to for exactly this set of requirements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Aside from those mentioned,

Telestrations
Skull
Diamant
Deep Sea Adventure
Spot it!
Ghost Blitz
Jungle Speed
Pickomino

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Eby
msg tools
mb
Jamaica is great and it is on Asmodee's holiday sale list right now for $20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.