Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Cottrell
United States
Spring Hill
FL - Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This one reads funny to us, would someone take this ugly snake of a card and lay it out straight for us?

"If you choose to re-roll all of your focus Dice during an encounter you may avoid re-rolling one of them".

You do choose to re roll dice when you focus so.... we're stumped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If one of the dice has a result you want, you can keep that result and reroll the rest of the dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cottrell
United States
Spring Hill
FL - Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still have a problem with this card...

Lets say i rolled 5 green dice...

I get 2 3 3 5 6

I spend 3 Focus Tokens and reroll 2 5 6 why would i use blade if i can choose which dice to reroll when spending focus ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This card is about being able to choose one die not to re-roll when you've chosen to re-roll all of them, which doesn't cost you any focus tokens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Bou Farhat
Germany
Grafenau Döffingen
BW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thank you and what about jungle fever ? its basically the same ?

i have the second edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're going to need to post the text of the card, I'm afraid...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MrH
United States
Silverdale
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
If one of the dice has a result you want, you can keep that result and reroll the rest of the dice.

This makes sense, but there's still some ambiguity around this for us. Does this effect apply only to your *first* re-roll, or can you lock an additional die for subsequent rolls? Let's say I'm trying to roll three-of-a-kind. I use Blade to lock a five, re-roll and get another five. Can I continue to use the effect to lock the second five (and roll the remaining three dice), or do I just keep the original five locked and re-roll the remaining four dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this in a while so I could be wrong, but I believe it's neither. Using the card means it's tapped, so you can't use it again until your next turn. If you want a second re-roll, your first die doesn't remain locked because the card's already been used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hohe2112 wrote:
Let's say I'm trying to roll three-of-a-kind. I use Blade to lock a five, re-roll and get another five. Can I continue to use the effect to lock the second five (and roll the remaining three dice), or do I just keep the original five locked and re-roll the remaining four dice?

No. You're not rerolling all of your dice so the Blade doesn't apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.