After finding myself purchasing Offices as soon as I could, I wanted to add more difficultly to the Solo Campaign. Instead of piles of similar cards, I decided to shuffle the supply together and deal them out in piles of 4.
1. Follow standard Solo setup - get 4 cards of each building to form supply. Then get 4 more Residential Area cards.
2. Once the cards are gathered, shuffle the supply together until randomized (about 7 times).
3. Deal out piles of 4. Avoid looking at the piles being made.*
4. Players play solo as standard - every time your deck is shuffled, remove a card from the first pile. Use the second pile to remove a card after shuffling the next time. Etc. Etc. Ignore Plumber Shop ability to force opponents to Discard cards - this being Solo, there are no opponents anyway.
5. If a Residential Area appears in the supply, add the card to your deck and reshuffle.**
Game ends when there are no cards in the supply piles, or player gains enough victory points or Convenience Store Victory.
Notes during development:
* I thought of just having 4 Supply piles at first. But changed my mind when I realized that with fewer piles meant that there was a good chance that a high cost buildings could appear on the first turn. (Imagine four Central Parks at the start ) More piles should prevent this.
** During my first play through, I had originally had the revealed Residential Areas just get added to the discard pile. Later in the game when I had enough Money, I could just easily flip them right away. Adding them to the deck remedies this situation, but may change with further playthroughs.
- Last edited Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:15 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:14 am