Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Beecher
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Broke out this game after re-reading the description of the battle in the Return of the King...

Section 14.1 in the rules (covering the Sauron set-up) refers to 3 units of Axeman (Harad) as E-2-Y. However, the Harad axemen counters are rated as B-3-Y. Opinions on whether the reference in the rules is correct (and the counters are wrong), or the reference in the rules is wrong (and the counters are correct)?

Section 14.2 in the rules lists Aragorn's army, but does not include Gimli or Legolas, even though there are counters for them. Again, opinions on whether the reference in the rules is correct (and the counters are spurious), or the reference is incomplete (and the counters are indeed part of Aragorn's army)?

My sense is to give precedence to the counters (i.e., include Gimli and Legolas with Aragorn's forces, and to treat the Harad axeman as B-3-Y quality).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
If you eat your burrito over a tortilla, anything that falls out will simply start building your next burrito!
badge
The first rule of chess club; Hide from fight club.
mbmbmbmbmb
I say go with the counters too.

I remember reading an errata that mentions Gimli and Legolas but cannot find it. It was probably combined with other errata for Sauron or Gondor or War of the Ring or Games of Middle Earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Johnson
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found this tidbit in my master file Middle Earth, from you no less:

"ERRATA
FOR GONDOR EXCLUSIVE RULES

[14.2] Gimli and Legolas accompany Aragorn and his forces when they arrive on GT 10. They operate like any other Leader and may be stacked with any friendly unit.

[16.125] Like Siege Towers, Catapults have no combat value in or of themselves, except as missile engines. They operate as such normally without being stacked with a Combat Unit, but have no defensive value and are considered captured if an enemy unit moves into it's hex.

[14.3] Mumak MPs?????

NOTE: GodRob / robertg611 @ BGG knows the game well- consult him on how he played w/ various abiguities"

I also found in that file all kinds of mods, including new counters and whatnot, all in Zip files.

Bottom line is that I/we play Gimli & Legolas are always with Aragorn's Force, and we went with the printed Harad axemen counter values, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
If you eat your burrito over a tortilla, anything that falls out will simply start building your next burrito!
badge
The first rule of chess club; Hide from fight club.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I just wade through the rules as best I can and guess the rest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something I think all of us have had to do over the years with some of the old SPI games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.