Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: I work for Steve Jackson Games and have been involved in planning and print buying for the game.

Steve Jackson Games has posted a survey for the MQ game. Please consider taking a few minutes to complete the survey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Done! This sounds like a fun idea. If you need play testers let me know! I'd love to be involved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff King
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completed a little MQ survey action here too. ;-} Sounds interesting. Can't wait to see the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis FitzPatrick
United States
Yuma
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completed the survey & looking forward to the game. If you're looking for playtesters, I'd be up for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking the time to fill out the survey, guys.

If anyone else wants to give their input, please hit the survey during the next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Rethorn
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Okay, I filled out the survey. This game sounds pretty interesting, especially if it has the same pick-me-up quality as Munchkin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I juggle cats.
United States
Indianapolis
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a longtime Munchkin fan and a new Eurogames fan, I'm REALLY looking forward to this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emperorhand wrote:
. . . especially if it has the same pick-me-up quality as Munchkin.

Absolutely. The faster you can start playing the better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynda Shea
United States
Tolland
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I completed the survey and am anxiously awaiting more updates on this game. My family really enjoys Munchkin and some of its expansions, so a board game version sounds quite interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trencher for Life
United States
Slidell
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Threw in my two cents. Look forward to seeing the finished product!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Lopez
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... that survey was weird.

I like som of the questions about components and the like, but

'What kind of games should Munchkin Quest be like?'

Either you have a good idea to make a game, or you don't, don't ask what game you should be ripping off in order to get us to buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished the survey. Personally I hope some of my opinions effect not only Munchkin Quest but several other already in print games.

For example, I'm really tired of seeing the same boring cream color die in every "starter" box set of Munchkin. In the survay, I put down that for Super Munchkin, a die made up of Primary colors would have worked a lot better (what I didn't mention would be the suggested colors - Bright Blue (like the box art) and Yellow Pips.) Or for Munchkin Bites a Black Die with red pips. I mean...it just would fit!

Two others that I didn't mention is that for Star Munchkin the numbers could be in a techno looking font, or for Ninja Burger, how about the sides just being in either an oriental font or even Ninja stars instead of pips?

I'm not asking them to send me replacement die (although that would be awesome) However, as long as SJGames has been around, I really hope that the quality of Munckin Quest is "WAY ABOVE" what SJG known to be notorious for. I mean how many of us remember cutting out the pieces of Hacker with either an X-Acto or scissors? I purchased the third Illuminati expansion Illuminati brainwashed years ago, yet I'm still reluctant to cut out the counters there.

Maybe I've grown spoiled with Fantasy Flight Games and their quality of goober filled games. Then again, I love Settlers of Catan and Ra games whose qualities are just colored tiles and wooden sticks. Currently I'm looking at Hive. A game that has really great components for a decent price.

Ok, so my post has turned into a rant, but as someone who feels he is a loyal Steve Jackson fan, I'm a bit excited to learn that there is a game whose qualities may be a lot higher then what I've learned to expect from Steve Jackson. More importantly I can say that Munchkin (and the overlooked game Frag) will always remain one of my favorites because these were the games that brought me into this hobby.

/rantoff

Edit: I just now saw a link to the website with photos of the prototype.
*sigh* Oh well I was hoping for more. I'm a bit dissapointed and really hope that isn't the final look. I mean, SJGames did produce the Munchkin Minatures (which I did hunt and find.) It's a prototype, so I'm still keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls