7 Posts

King of Tokyo» Forums » Rules

Subject: "At least 111" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ed Ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When cards say things like "if you roll 111 or more" what does that mean? Does it mean 222 or 333 (more meaning that you still need three of a kind, but can have a higher number), does it mean that any of the three numbers can be more than 111 (so that 123 or 131 also is 'more), or does it mean 1111 (in other words more than three 1s)?

This question applies to a bunch of similarly worded cards.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
26halo26 wrote:
When cards say things like "if you roll 111 or more" what does that mean? Does it mean 222 or 333 (more meaning that you still need three of a kind, but can have a higher number), does it mean that any of the three numbers can be more than 111 (so that 123 or 131 also is 'more), or does it mean 1111 (in other words more than three 1s)?

Thanks!

Not sure without the card text to be certain, but it is most likely that you need at least 111, so having 1111 or 11111 will still count. If it were to pertain to other numbers (222, 333) then it would specifically say that like other cards do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Liles
United States
Fredericksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
Call me Tommy
badge
Check out my gaming blog! www.wewereplayingitwrong.com
mbmbmbmbmb
26halo26 wrote:

Thanks!

It means to count the number of ones you rolled and if you rolled three or more you get whatever the card says. Rolling a bunch of twos and threes doesn't do anything, despite technically being "more and/or greater" than rolling three ones. The comparative numerical values of the facings don't operate with reference to each other. If you are still confused, it might be more helpful to think of them as little/medium/big star, rather than as a number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danni Loe-Sterphone
United States
Goleta
California
flag msg tools
publisher
Customer Service, Translator, Webmaster, Reviewer Contact for IELLO USA
badge
Ask me stuff! I'll help you!
mbmbmbmbmb
LordObsidian wrote:
It means to count the number of ones you rolled and if you rolled three or more you get whatever the card says. Rolling a bunch of twos and threes doesn't do anything, despite technically being "more and/or greater" than rolling three ones.

Correct!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello Pisanu
Germany
flag msg tools
111 and another 111 count one more?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sardello wrote:
111 and another 111 count one more?

No, each addition matching number scores one additional point.

111 = 1 point
1111 = 2 points
11111 = 3 points
111111 = 4 points

222 = 2 points
2222 = 3 points
22222 = 4 points
222222 = 5 points

Following the same pattern,
333 = 3 points
3333 = 4 points
33333 = 5 points
333333 = 6 points

Make sense?

If you have 111222 you get 1 + 2 for a total of 3 points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcello Pisanu
Germany
flag msg tools
My question meants the words "or more" on a power card. But at least, there is no effect which will be multipliyed if you have "more". I thougt it was so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.