Subject: No demetra??????? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Demetra is one of the basic 12 gods in ancient Greece and the're will not be in the game?I read some comments they said that...... it's a big foul if this happened in my opinion...pan for example is not an Olympus god !!I hope they'll be ant the end demetra and Hestia
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Lox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My understanding is a number of the gods were destroyed which created the omphalos used as a core mechanic in the game. It's part of the storyline that some major and minor gods were destroyed when Hera awoke the titans and Olympus was shattered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
That is my understanding also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll have to see. It's (afaik) not said that she won't be in.

After all, we've had more suprises, like Hecate and Persephone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit VOGT
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mb
matsas wrote:
Demetra is one of the basic 12 gods in ancient Greece and the're will not be in the game?I read some comments they said that...... it's a big foul if this happened in my opinion...pan for example is not an Olympus god !!I hope they'll be ant the end demetra and Hestia

Who knows… She might show up in this KS campaign or in another one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimlox wrote:
My understanding is a number of the gods were destroyed which created the omphalos used as a core mechanic in the game. It's part of the storyline that some major and minor gods were destroyed when Hera awoke the titans and Olympus was shattered.

It's not really a matter of "understanding". It's explicitly said in the KS campaign that some gods died.

"The surviving Gods are greatly weakened and have lost their immortality."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be easy for gods to "come back".
They are gods.
Their energies may be scattered and depleted, but their divine spirits could totally come back as part of the story if the designers want it to happen.

Especially if fans keep craving more and they have the resources to pull it off, I could easily see gods return.

It could be a twist. The main gods THOUGHT the other gods were killed, but they were just imprisoned or absorbed or whatever...
And then as the battles waged, the energies unleashed ressurected the minor gods.
Poof, that will easily fill a couple more expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In addition to Demeter, I would like to see Dionysus and Nike.

Nike (goddess of victory) seems thematically appropriate for a board game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't remember eating corn!
mbmbmbmbmb
rvinyard wrote:

I could see Dionysus having his energy spread throughout a band of nymphs and satyrs. He doesn't need to be a single unit to make me happy that he is represented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Benesephiir wrote:
rvinyard wrote:

I could see Dionysus having his energy spread throughout a band of nymphs and satyrs. He doesn't need to be a single unit to make me happy that he is represented.

Mostly, I wanted to see what they'd do with the mini.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Lox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Flaviorbs wrote:
Grimlox wrote:

It's not really a matter of "understanding". It's explicitly said in the KS campaign that some gods died.

"The surviving Gods are greatly weakened and have lost their immortality."

So I understood the facts as portrayed in the campaign and answered the OP correctly. Thanks for letting me know my understanding was correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rvinyard wrote:

MB is probably sponsored by Adidas, so Nike is a no go.
Also, I don't think a mini with running shoes on her feat would fit the theme.
Ok, while thinking about it, perhaps that would be a nice way to cross finance the game - product placement...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt Demeter is gonna show up, but if she does, it would be really cool if she has two dashboards - a Summer version and a Winter version. You would choose which one you're playing with at the beginning of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Guinoza
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
I doubt Demeter is gonna show up, but if she does, it would be really cool if she has two dashboards - a Summer version and a Winter version. You would choose which one you're playing with at the beginning of the game.

Or you could make it have two sides that are available via flipping the dashboard, like: One side has a buff to your units (summer), Demeter is more offensive. The other side has debuff to enemy units (winter), and makes Demeter more defensive. At the end of Demeter's activation, flip the dashboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vagelis
Greece
Πειραιάς
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for me is a foul that in the game ther is no demetra..........nice idea for her(winter and summer)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arah wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:

Or you could make it have two sides that are available via flipping the dashboard, like: One side has a buff to your units (summer), Demeter is more offensive. The other side has debuff to enemy units (winter), and makes Demeter more defensive. At the end of Demeter's activation, flip the dashboard.

That's so much better!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.