Popular Tags: [View All]
Marwan Marwan مروان مروان
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming everyone already knows about this, but just in case someone missed it...

Dust Tactics (aka: Dust 1947):
https://holiday-sale.fantasyflightgames.com/catalogue/catego...

Premium Dust Tactics (aka: Premium Dust 1947):
https://holiday-sale.fantasyflightgames.com/catalogue/catego...

My friends and I did a huge order together...We're all excited to get some (really cheap) reinforcements!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder just how much oversupplied stock there was with during all of these regime changes. FFG still has stuff after all these years. I'm guessing Battlefront never ordered enough and therefore have nothing left to dump.

I wonder if the lack of over-ordering is why Dust wasn't happy with Battlefront?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, that could possibly be one of the reasons. I personally enjoyed how FFG was releasing units, especially walkers and vehicles that come with multiple options. This gave better value and options to players.

It's too bad (and I mean really bad) that Dust Studios chose not to continue along that route.

EyeLost wrote:
I wonder if the lack of over-ordering is why Dust wasn't happy with Battlefront?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frankysan
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:
It's too bad (and I mean really bad) that Dust Studios chose not to continue along that route.

They kind of do with the model kit versions. Many of those come with multiple weapon options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a Amateur Extra Class Ham radio Operator -- W8SDD
mbmbmbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:

My friends and I did a huge order together...We're all excited to get some (really cheap) reinforcements!

Have you gotten any verification of shipment from them yet? I placed an order on Wednesday and all I got was an order received email. My credit card has had a pending charge since. No shipment notice.

I did see this order is through Asmodeena were as when I usually order it is from FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Buchsdrucker
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had to wait weeks in previous ffg sales, so this is normal. This time is no different again for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Byrns wrote:
I've had to wait weeks in previous ffg sales, so this is normal. This time is no different again for me.

I figured as much. Just double checking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No notification yet. They did state that it would take three business days to process the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
mbmbmb
Huh, I posted a thread about this earlier, but the mods took it down and sent me a chastising email: "Please do not promote retail sites in the game forums. If this is a particularly good sale you can post it to Hot Deals (but I think there is already a related thread)."

Anyway, I didn't think I was going to get anything at the sale this year because I'm only collecting Premium units with desert camo at the moment.

But then I realized that some of the Huge Allied Walkers (Long Tom, Skysweeper, & Mobile HQ) are in desert camo even though its called the Cerebus camo.

So, I ordered one of each.

And since the Allied planes' camo is pretty neutral and they can be easily transferred to desert bases, I ordered one of each of those, too.

So, for $125 I got what would have cost me $575 from Dust Games.

Can't really complain about that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow. Dude. You got a good deal on those. You must have bought them early, as most of the premium stuff was sold out when I looked at them.

Good catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone get a shipping notice yet?

I placed my order on the 16th, but I haven't seen one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting too...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kriegschatten
msg tools
mbmbmb
marwan_marwan wrote:
I'm still waiting too...

I finally received my shipping notice today.

Hope you've received yours, too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam DiRocco
United States
North Lima
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a shipping notice also. Funny thing though is I placed 2 orders. One on the 16th the 2nd on the 26th. My shipping notice is for the order placed on the 26th. Nothing yet on the order placed on the 16th. Both orders were for DUST items only
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Greater Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting...

<sigh>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.