Subject: A valuable option to the Destiny playmat. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While a Destiny playmat has been announced it was brought to my attention from a gentleman named Dave at Miniature Market that his idea is to use the Star Wars Card Game playmat. Forgive me if there are more than one as this is the one that has red and blue outlines of where ones cards are placed with the Death Star and a planet along with Tie Fighters shooting at two X-Wings in the background.

I never thought of this and truth be told forgot all about the Star Wars Card Game until he brought this up. I ran with his idea (along with another gentleman who I met early in the day, Mike) to see how it would play out.

Well ladies and gentlemen I am hear to tell you that until Destiny gets a playmat that outlines the set up as it is, the Star Wars Card Game playmat is where it is at. I am more than happy with it and truth be told it provides more of what I was wanting from the Destiny playmat that will be coming our way around the time of the release, December 1st (not for certain the release date for the playmat but guessing that it will release the same time or right around that of Destiny.). On that note this is only my opinion on the Destiny playmat that has been shown to release.

A huge Thank You to Dave at Miniature Market for sharing his idea as after seeing the official Destiny playmat I just couldn't help but think, "This is not the playmat I am looking for.". I know some may be reading this and in their mind yelling out, "It's a trap!", however as Dave pointed out it is an option and as it was shared with me I thought I would take the time and share this with other Destiny players. Stay on target and May the Force Be With You...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnwiser wrote:
While a Destiny playmat has been announced it was brought to my attention from a gentleman named Dave at Miniature Market that his idea is to use the Star Wars Card Game playmat. Forgive me if there are more than one as this is the one that has red and blue outlines of where ones cards are placed with the Death Star and a planet along with Tie Fighters shooting at two X-Wings in the background.

I never thought of this and truth be told forgot all about the Star Wars Card Game until he brought this up. I ran with his idea (along with another gentleman who I met early in the day, Mike) to see how it would play out.

Well ladies and gentlemen I am hear to tell you that until Destiny gets a playmat that outlines the set up as it is, the Star Wars Card Game playmat is where it is at. I am more than happy with it and truth be told it provides more of what I was wanting from the Destiny playmat that will be coming our way around the time of the release, December 1st (not for certain the release date for the playmat but guessing that it will release the same time or right around that of Destiny.). On that note this is only my opinion on the Destiny playmat that has been shown to release.

A huge Thank You to Dave at Miniature Market for sharing his idea as after seeing the official Destiny playmat I just couldn't help but think, "This is not the playmat I am looking for.". I know some may be reading this and in their mind yelling out, "It's a trap!", however as Dave pointed out it is an option and as it was shared with me I thought I would take the time and share this with other Destiny players. Stay on target and May the Force Be With You...

how about a pic of that playmat ... im not familiar with it ??
thanks !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know the size of the playmat?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Palacio
United States
suwanee
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Not necessary, but very cool to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is indeed the playmat I purchased to play Destiny on. The size of the playmat is 26X36. Of course coming in at 26X36 one would expect to be able to cover both players in which this does and with room to spare.

There are so many options as to place things that I really have come to like this playmat more and more. Cards? No problem as there are a lot of spaces to place them (and still room for you to turn them to show they have been played.). Damage, shield, and credit tokens? Check with room for more tokens than you can shake a Rancor fist at. Dice? Bring them on. This thing is like a Death Star for Destiny...OK, maybe not that big but let me say that there is a lot of room for all of your battles to be played upon.

I really like that this has more than plenty of room for all of your Destiny games, on both sides. Not to be outdone by the red and blue outlines and how they pop on this playmat, classic. However at the end of the day this is but an option and I do not know about you but having options is always a plus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Stacy
United States
Aledo
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can I buy this playmat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where can you purchase this playmat? Either a local game store or online. If you go online you will find plenty of options from Miniature Market to Amazon to beyond. Just look for it under: Star Wars: The Card Game playmat (and you can always use the picture posted on this post to make sure you are getting the right one.).

I picked up this playmat at MM for around $26 and already see this playmat being the home to a many of Destiny games. As a matter of fact for our anniversary my wife and I are going to a castle in Ohio (I read they have a small library of around 150 games for their guest to play) and I will be taking my set with me should I meet anyone who wishes to give Destiny a play.

Happy Thanksgiving and May the Force Be With You...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.