Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Katharina M
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I revisited my board game collection and would like to sell around 100 of my games. I'm living in Espoo and wondered, what the best way is to sell used games here.
In general I'd prefer to sell to people living close that could pick it up, although shipping them are also an option. I'd prefer to sell a bunch of games to each person instead of each single game to a different person, especially when shipping the games due to the time invest and effort. I don't understand or speak Finnish which doesn't make things easier ;-)

Does anyone have some ideas what the smoothest way is to sell the games?

Thanks a lot!
Katharina

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Facebook group Lautapelikirppis has over 5000 members and is a pretty good way to get rid of games.

You can specify "no shipping" and in Espoo will probably have good success with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi. Yes it is extremely easy and quick to sell games here. Your game will likely sell within 30 minutes of advertising it normally. The most common place is in the Facebook group "Lautapelikirppis" - it's a closed group so just request to join and you will be accepted. People are extremely active in the board game buying/selling scene in the Hel/Espoo area. I also live in Espoo and recently sold there too
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1407738476110192/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharina M
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

thank you both for the super quick and very helpful answer. I've requested to join that Facebook group. Hopefully, it's not in Finnish only and I can figure out how offering games works there.

Also very good to know, that there's an active buying/selling community here. Is there also an active playing community here in Espoo?

Thanks a lot!
Katharina

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Selling games there is very simple, not many special rules to follow. Just list what you're selling, and if you write in English, people will reply in English.

There's a public game group in Kilo, Espoo, and it has some foreigners in it as well. You can find more information here: http://lautapeliseura.fi/foorumi/viewforum.php?f=46

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharina M
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Mikko,

sounds good! Will check that out. Thanks a lot!
If there's anything else worth to mention or useful to know for a foreign board game lover, who's new in Espoo, let me know.

Thanks a lot
Katharina

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
Which part of Espoo are you in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharina M
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

it's Nöykkiö. But very much to the right, not far from the Gigantti.

Katharina

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
I walk to Merituuli Kmarket for groceries and live near the McDonalds. Maybe we can have a local game group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharina M
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not? Sounds very good! The K-Market you're talking about, is it the one with the S-Market next to it or the big one with K-Rauta, Intersport and so on - in the mall?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the one with K-Rauta and the now closed down Kodin 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Lorentin
Finland
Espoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if you start a gaming group in Nöykkiö/Suomenoja and you need players... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharina M
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, I really like the idea. My girlfriend also likes playing board games a lot (that's why we just play 2-player-games most of the times), so in total we're 4. Sounds like a good group size for playing some games.

Is there any nice café or other cozy place around where we could meet and bring some board games to play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharina M
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's the K-Market (or one of two) where I usually go for groceries as well. Nice
See my other post: do guys you know some nice places where we could meet ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Lorentin
Finland
Espoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to think about it but I think this neighbourhood is not really that rich with cafés or pubs. To be honest, the only one I can think of is the one next to the K-Rauta in Merituuli but that's far from sexy. Of course Olari might have a few more options and Matinkylä as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katharina M
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit busy with selling games at the moment, but let's come back to that later and then agree on location, day + time. ok for you? Hopefully we'll find a place that's at least "ok-ish" to meet. I'm also open for meeting in Olari or Matinkylä. So, if there are great places, let me know (would be great to know anyways, what's worth to visit nearby

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Borg
msg tools
mbmbmb
Iso Omena shop center has a new modern library with neighboring cafe's etc. IMO that would be a suiting place for board gaming, especially since the library itself has an ever evolving selection of board games.

Anyway, if this thread ever results into some game event anywhere in the area... whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Lorentin
Finland
Espoo
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also thinking about this but was not sure it was available for "random use". Good to know

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.