Uli
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Boardgamefriends and Star Wars People,

first i wanna say, sorry for my bad school english.

We had following problems:

1) Dead-Star was fighting with some Tie-Fighter against some rebel ships. After the first round Spacefight, the Dead-Star was still alone fighting against some rebel ships.
Problem was the rebelships can't destroy the Dead-Star, but the Dead-Star can destroy rebelships.

After the second round, the rebelplayer retreat because he has no chance to win this space battle, killing the dead-star. Is this correct?

2) The Imperium find the Rebelbase. But on the Rebelbase was only 1 Ion-Canon and 1 shield generator.

We played the battleground like the Rebelplayer can only fight with 1 Battlecard in the Hand, because the shield generator gives you every starting battleground round 1 card. So the Imperialplayer roles dices against this 2 ground unites till they died.
But i think this wasn't correct??

Thx for answering. Regards. Kingkerosin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally both players can choose to retreat after every round (rules reference p4). The Death Star can never retreat (p5).

Structures are automatically destroyed if defending alone (p4).

Does that answer your questions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) the death star itself cannot be destroyed in battle, so once the rebels have no reason to stay in the battle they should retreat at the end of a combat round.
sometimes they might fly in to drop off ground troops on the planet, or to kill other ships with the death star or when they have death star plans, otherwise they should stay clear of it. if they cant retreat when they have no leader, simply remove the rebel ships ie no need to play out the battle until its inevitable conclusion

2) for the 1st round, the battle plays as normal, drawing tactics cards for leader and the structures, after this round, if any imperial units remain, the structures are automatically destroyed thus ending the battle. so if a rebel player is lucky he might kill the imperials with the tactics cards in round 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uli
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for answering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
With your first point, can I ask why the Deathstar was unable to destroy the Rebel ships? It rolls four red dice every combat. If the Rebel ships were just fighters it would be harder to hit them but it sill can on a direct hit (explosion icon) result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three Headed Monkey wrote:
With your first point, can I ask why the Deathstar was unable to destroy the Rebel ships? It rolls four red dice every combat. If the Rebel ships were just fighters it would be harder to hit them but it sill can on a direct hit (explosion icon) result.

Uli didn't say the Death Star couldn't destroy the Rebel ships, Uli only said the Rebel ships couldn't destroy the Death Star.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
oh right, I misread his post. No worries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Uli
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in this situation, the imperial player has no problems to fight against rebel ships. like rolling dices in many fights around 30 minutes to kill all ships. but the rebel has no chance - no dead star killer card and no fighters in this battle :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.