Daniel T.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
- I have to make a separate deck of cultists.
- I have to gain clues
- I have to spend 2 clues to draw one card from the cultist deck (Act card 1a)
- When the cultist spawned there are different actions to do: for example spend 5 resources to put the Cultist in the Winning deck.

If I'm right, basically it's impossible to collect them all. If I'm lucky I can collect 2... (playing one investigator). And only if I'm lucky because there is the encounter deck with ghouls in it. There are only 8 game rounds to do that (Agenda's doom threshold is 8). It's seems impossible for me.

Am I doing this the right way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Agenda deck for this scenario has 2 cards. The first one has the Masked Hunter enemy on the back. He's not shuffled into the Cultist Deck with the other 5, he only spawns once the first Agenda reaches it's threshold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Knight
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
It would be extremely challenging to defeat all of the cultists with one investigator, yes.

The scenario resolution and set up for the next scenario will be affected by how successful you are in this scenario. The scenario shouldn't be viewed as a straight win/lose depending solely on whether you manage to defeat all of the cultists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have 14 turns (IIRC) to do it... (2 agendas) It's not impossible IMO with one investigator, but it sure as hell is difficult.

but that final cultist is a b*stard.

However, you do not need to interrogate them all to give you the best start in the final scenario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Gutowski
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmb
You don't have to collect all. You try to collect as many as possible and that's it.

Playing single character, I usually collect 3 or 4 and I think that aiming for 4 is quite reasonable (even if slightly challenging in some cases)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuka 75
France
flag msg tools
If I am not mistaken, there are no ghouls cards in that scenario.
I managed to get 4 of them with Rolland Bark, essentially with coercition and without the nice parley.

Also, I think with 4 cultist captured, the last scenario must be doable. With more that escaped, I doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milen Krastev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you are lucky and dont draw any cultists or cards that spawn cultists you could get all 6. But this cultists ramp up the agenda super fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you defeat the cultist and dont parley, do they still go on the winning pile ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
They're enemies with a Victory: x entry, so yes.
Their Parley is just an alternative (not always easier) way to get them there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D H
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this one twice solo. First time with Skids I took out 4 cultists. Second time with Agnes I killed 3 of them.

Getting all 6 will be tough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
With three or four players it might be possible, but a solo investigator would be hard pressed to get more than three. I almost got a 4th one on two separate occasions, but just missed being able to do so because of advancing doom and spawning acolytes. With a couple of the investigators (Daisy and Agnes in my experience) it's also very likely that only one cultist (or none) can be won. When that happens is makes resigning during turn 1 of Scenario 3 a very easy decision. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pittman
msg tools
mbmbmb
I got five with a constructed solo Wendy deck in my last game.

Still had massive trouble in the third scenario and failed to get a 'win' result.

But I think getting at least three cultists is very doable (and probably a must for any hope to do well in the final game of the campaign).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ainsworth
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a couple of cards that can completely negate how poorly you do in this one for the final scenario anyway. They're the cards that let you disengage from everything and then move. Ones called Elusive, I think, but there's more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.