Subject: Rules Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oren Steinberg
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
I just read the rules and I have two questions.

The rules state that a chef can only buy an ingredient from a store once per turn. I don't understand what it means by a turn. Does that mean that you can buy one ingredient per cap, one ingredient per store per round, or one ingredient per round total?

I know you can't get in line at a store you own, but can you claim ownership of a store where you're already in line? If so, can you purchase an ingredient there?

Thank you to anyone who knows the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Oren, Chris from Calliope here. Let me see if I can help!

First, you can never choose to own a shop where you are already in line, nor can you get in line at a shop you already own. Owning and lining up are mutually exclusive.

Next, you may buy exactly one item from a shop *each time* your chef cap is at the top of the stack (which represents one turn). This means that if you are at the top and bottom of a three-cap stack, you get first choice using your first turn with the cap on top, then the other player gets a turn, and then you get one additional opportunity once that player is done. You could have bought 0, 1, or 2 items at that particular shop during your turns that round.

Hopefully that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.