Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Nelson
United States
Oxford
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is for sale at E and G store but is this also going to online retailers? If so when? Also how similar is this game to viticulture? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Engelbrecht-Gollander
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not at all similar apart from theme. Watch Rhados run through and you will get an idea. Vinhos is a no luck fixed length (in terms of rounds) game that is quite taxing on the players. Viticulture is a race form worker placement midweight euro with quite a bit of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David da Silva
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've not idea about retail, I'm a kickstarter backer.

But there are some some other threads about Vinhos vs. Viticulture.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/853206/vinhos-or-viticultur...

[url]
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1573597/viticulture-essenti...[/url]

tl;dr: Vinhos is an excellent masterpiece! And Vinhos is a much heavier euro game than Viticulture.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameBliss.com has had it in stock for a while now. 105CAD for the retail version, $171.99CAD for the game plus all KS stretch goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony B
United States
West Hartford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to this image from the kickstarter campaign, it should end up on the CSI site at some point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khaniyan wrote:
Vinhos is a no luck fixed length (in terms of rounds) game that is quite taxing on the players. Viticulture is a race form worker placement midweight euro with quite a bit of luck.

Vinhos has luck. Vintage/weather tile, vineyard tiles, expert tiles, magnate tiles--they're all shuffled and the order that they come out can very much affect the game.

But yes, Vinhos is a much heavier game. It and Viticulture share a theme but in actual play they feel very different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pereira
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Khaniyan wrote:
Vinhos is a no luck fixed length (in terms of rounds) game that is quite taxing on the players. Viticulture is a race form worker placement midweight euro with quite a bit of luck.

Vinhos has luck. Vintage/weather tile, vineyard tiles, expert tiles, magnate tiles--they're all shuffled and the order that they come out can very much affect the game.

But yes, Vinhos is a much heavier game. It and Viticulture share a theme but in actual play they feel very different.

Is it luck to have different Vintage/weather tile or other elements that can shift from game to game?

No the game has no luck whatsoever. If you arrange those tiles in the same manner and make the exact same moves the end score its the same so it's a no luck game that can be different every time you play it thus having to adjust your strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidallves wrote:
MentatYP wrote:
Khaniyan wrote:

Is it luck to have different Vintage/weather tile or other elements that can shift from game to game?

No the game has no luck whatsoever. If you arrange those tiles in the same manner and make the exact same moves the end score its the same so it's a no luck game that can be different every time you play it thus having to adjust your strategy.

Perhaps it's a simple difference in definition.

What I'm talking about might be called intra-game luck (luck within a certain game) and your perspective is inter-game luck (luck from game to game). You're correct that if for 2 games tiles are arranged exactly the same way and the game is played exactly the same you will get the same results both times. But within a single game you don't know the order of the tiles, and your strategy can certainly be boosted or hindered by the order of the tiles coming out. I consider that luck.

Face-down card or tile order is luck, is it not? Not just for Vinhos Deluxe but in general as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlueEdwards wrote:
Also how similar is this game to viticulture? Thanks in advance.

Other than the theme, there are very few similarities between the two games. I just played both of them this week -- while Viticulture is pleasant enough, Vinhos Deluxe Edition blows it out of the water in terms of intriguing game play. The competition for the Wine Fairs and Exporting makes Vinhos feel much more competitive to me. I also prefer how quickly it gets rolling compared to Viticulture, which often takes a few rounds to get wine made and/or sold. The Wine Experts and Magnate Action tiles also provide more interesting choices than those available in Viticulture (through the somewhat swingy Visitor cards for example).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davidallves wrote:

My two cents after playing both games is that the luck (or random seed in this case) in Vinhos is very different from Viticulture, as is concerns each player just as much. In Viticulture, each player can draw cards that dramatically change their situation compared to other players. Both are good games, though, just different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just noticed the regular and kickstarter version is now available from CSI

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.