Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alfy Burger
Mali
Bamako
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

With the upcoming solo module, and considering how great the components look, I'm looking at investing in the LnLT system.

I've downloaded the latest version of the rules, but with several details only available on the aid cards (including the DFT), I wanted to ask here if someone could tell me a couple of things about the system: how good is it at forcing you to fire/suppress to maneuver (is opportunity fire actually dangerous)? Does it make you move up close to finish off units in defensive positions?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlfyB wrote:
Hi everyone,

With the upcoming solo module, and considering how great the components look, I'm looking at investing in the LnLT system.

I've downloaded the latest version of the rules, but with several details only available on the aid cards (including the DFT), I wanted to ask here if someone could tell me a couple of things about the system: how good is it at forcing you to fire/suppress to maneuver (is opportunity fire actually dangerous)? Does it make you move up close to finish off units in defensive positions?

Thanks in advance!

I only have a bt of experience with the system having played 2-3 games, but I would say to your questions:

Yes, suppression and maneuver is very important. Opportunity is dangerous.
There may not be as much melee as one might expect, but units that aren't close aren't generally effective so that is important too.

As the games are being reprinted now, you might want to download the demo game to give it a go. It has the needed aid info I believe. That way you can experience it for yourself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfy Burger
Mali
Bamako
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your answer. I did not realize the demo game could be downloaded in addition to be ordered, I'll look at that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Heath
United States
Pueblo West
United States
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Alfy,

We try to make Lock 'n Load Tactical very easy to get into and understand. You will find at the link below the full core rules, demos, walkthroughs and a lot more. I hope this helps.

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/resources/categories/lock-n-...

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
AlfyB wrote:
Thanks for your answer. I did not realize the demo game could be downloaded in addition to be ordered, I'll look at that.

you pay shipping its free.
The deal is this.

Suppressed units if in melee without an unsuppressed unit in the hex are dead [some nationalities or types have an exception to that rule].

If fired upon (ideally at close range [+2 drm]) you will do lots of damage.

One chap was asking a lot of questions early.. I think I ticked him off. ..cry-- But the rules/examples and rules/demos/videos/ and ease with which folk answer questions mean you need to do just 1 thing:

Put counters and the table and try it. This is not a memorize rules and play game. This is a get your hands dirty and love it game.

I need to find the guy and say sorry, but I thought he was joking....doah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfy Burger
Mali
Bamako
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for taking the time to post the link, David. I have to say I did not have any problems going through the rules, they are clear and quite easy to remember. I mostly came here to get a feel for how the games plays, and I got some of that through the walk through and a few solo games this afternoon.

While I appreciate simple rules, I also like a decent level of simulation and is does seem LnLT is right up my alley, so I'll be checking your store around Christmas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mb
hipshot wrote:
AlfyB wrote:

The deal is this.

Suppressed units if in melee without an unsuppressed unit in the hex are dead [some nationalities or types have an exception to that rule].

One chap was asking a lot of questions early.. I think I ticked him off. ..cry-- But the rules/examples and rules/demos/videos/ and ease with which folk answer questions mean you need to do just 1 thing:

Put counters and the table and try it. This is not a memorize rules and play game. This is a get your hands dirty and love it game.

Kev,
That guy was me.....I might have been a tad too sensitive to ur response,but getting into wargaming at a rather advanced age,I was afraid that my questions might have sounded juvenile and,therefore,dumb...I have since waded thru(with a great deal of help from Vance)and feel I have come a long way.I still make mistakes but at least I remember what they were and correct them for the next go round..the game is fantastic...even solo,and I have since ordered the Nam....at least solo,I can't really lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
hodges69 wrote:
hipshot wrote:
AlfyB wrote:

The deal is this.

Kev,
That guy was me.....I might have been a tad too sensitive to ur response,but getting into wargaming at a rather advanced age,I was afraid that my questions might have sounded juvenile and,therefore,dumb...I have since waded thru(with a great deal of help from Vance)and feel I have come a long way.I still make mistakes but at least I remember what they were and correct them for the next go round..the game is fantastic...even solo,and I have since ordered the Nam....at least solo,I can't really lose.

Well Damn it.. YOU DID IT! - see sometimes it just take the old hutzpah!!!
Vance is a great guy.. well actually I'm just saying that for the monthly check.

Glad you are getting into or back into wargames. LNL is a great place to be for flavour, narrative, and period feel. It is not a sim..what is? Nothing really. EDIt- oh and if you want to see dumb questions..click around mine...classics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:

Blah, blah, blah...

Vance is a great guy.. well actually I'm just saying that for the monthly check.

Blah, blah, blah.

Yer cheque is late! Again! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.