Subject: Promos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From what I have seen prom trait cards are meant to replace a trait. I understand the critical thing is to keep the game length so the game stops just before someone gets too far with a runaway combo. So why not just shuffle them in and randomly remove the same number of trait cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When randomly removing trait cards, luck plays a bigger role. What if - in an extreme case - only 1 person picks up a carnivore card? Etc. By replacing 1 trait in its entirety, everyone has the same chance of picking it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Bamber
United Kingdom
Oxted
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
When randomly removing trait cards, luck plays a bigger role. What if - in an extreme case - only 1 person picks up a carnivore card? Etc. By replacing 1 trait in its entirety, everyone has the same chance of picking it up.

In a two player game you remove 40 cards. So if you add say Gigantism to a two player base game, you just remove 47 cards. If the randomness is okay for a two player game what is wrong with my suggestion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Game length actually isn't the main reason to remove traits when adding in promos. Diluting the deck so that it's harder to find combos and counters is the problem. The expanded deck increases the luck factor of who got the right cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.