Subject: Who has better sales? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Burden
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With Black Friday coming up and I think everyone enjoys on-line sales I had a question. Which on-line game store has better daily sales: Cardhaus, Cool Stuff Inc. or Miniature Market, or is their another OLGS else worth mentioning?

Thanks,
turks1966
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With my loyalty discount at CoolStuff, and their good packaging and customer service, they end up being the best deal for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Strubczewski
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use and enjoy all three. The competition between them has made all 3 quite similar in price and quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it has been Cardhaus for about two years in a row. Their site works great and their are lots of games to choose from. No problems checking out. I'd advise being ready to go as soon as the sales go live for all of the sites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it has been CSI, I have bought some once from MM a couple years ago and once from Cardhaus YEARS ago for their holiday sales.

But, MM and CSI seem almost the same for the things I am interested and Cardhuas has always been hit and miss for deals I am interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
The best sales come from wherever is selling the games you want to play.

Be careful about getting sucked into buying games simply because they're on sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardhaus has been the winner for me for the past few years. It will be interesting to see how well their 10% off store wide sale goes this time. MM seemed to finally get decent as of late. One issue they had was their server went down if you merely looked at it. I know people love them, but what they offered rarely clicked with what I wanted so I have found all of one item worth picking up from them the last two years. CSI used to be good at Black Friday sales, but they have been underwhelming as of late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:

Be careful about getting sucked into buying games simply because they're on sale.

This...doubly this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Cardhaus has been the winner for me for the past few years. It will be interesting to see how well their 10% off store wide sale goes this time. MM seemed to finally get decent as of late. One issue they had was their server went down if you merely looked at it. I know people love them, but what they offered rarely clicked with what I wanted so I have found all of one item worth picking up from them the last two years. CSI used to be good at Black Friday sales, but they have been underwhelming as of late.

This. My experience has been:

Cardhaus:

Pros: Great titles. No server issues. Limited amount 1 person can buy. Advance information about the titles.

Cons: $125 for free shipping.

MM: Customer holds!!! Good titles. Advance information. Better everyday prices than the other 2 if you want to buy something not on sale. Best price on shipping if you don't hit $99.

In the past they have had packaging issues, but I believe they have rectified this.

Cons: Major website fails every time.

CSI

Pros: Loyalty program. Packaging.

Cons: Selection of on sale titles. Least "customer oriented" policy when it comes to adding on daily deals or customer holds.

Conclusion: I buy from MM & CH every year. If I don't "need" the game, I buy it to Math Trade.

Caveat: I'm a floridian, so I have to pay 6% more from CSI. Due to this, I rarely shop there. Consider this bias when evaluating my statements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has been killing it lately, just check out the hot deals listings. Single aggressively priced items with free prime shipping is about as competitive as you can get if it is a game you are interested in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Carpenter
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like MM and CSI a lot, but I have to admit at any given time I am only truly interested in about $60-70 worth of games, and I end up filling the other $40-30 with "hmmm...that looks interesting, what the heck."

At Cardhaus, I would have to fill it up with $65 worth of "what the heck" so that keeps me from ordering from them. At that point, my folly is apparent even to me.

Amazon lately has been my choice for buying a single game at a time, and since I have Prime, not worrying about getting free shipping. It appeals to the cheapskate in me, but it takes a little bit of my soul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mary Fluehagen's House of Games has really good sales.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
fightcitymayor wrote:

Heh - I just finished reading the thread about approaches to buying games, wherein the OP states that he will keep buying games just to reach the free postage point...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Adorno
United States
Kissimmee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, I always look at which have the best deals on games I currently wish to own, but I have qualms about all three.

CSI: Seems like their last few sales have been rather meh in comparison and since I live in the same state I have to pay tax which always sucks. But I can pick up the games which is a definite plus, but the selection of games, means I only buy here when I'm actually at the store. CSI has been lacking as of late TBH.

MM: Low shipping cost is always great, especially if you find yourself getting a few of those big box games, but I always feel their stock runs dry so quick. I understand, first come first serve, but one year they put an item on sale they only had 2 in stock of. Also won't be shocked if their site goes haywire due to the sale

CH: I feel their sales have the biggest variety and usually deepest discounts. Plus I love that there is a limit to how many of a game you can buy at once, limiting scalping. However that is always undercut by their shipping prices. Anything I save I almost wind up paying back due to shipping prices(unless I buy $125 worth of product and qualify for free shipping). 2 normal sized games cost about $20 to ship on their site,and sometimes a small box game comes up to about $11. MM is $6 and CSI around $7-8. The latter cause it's local.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is worth noting Fantasy Flight Games Holiday Sale. It is NOT the hot new thing, but them getting rid of old product. Since they have now been assimilated by Asmodee it includes stuff from many of the other companies they own. There are a lot of games and they have huge discounts. At least 50% off, but some at 75% or more.

As others have said no need to get anything you don't want, but if you are interested in their products your aren't going to find them anywhere else cheaper.

One added note, depending on where you live the shipping can be outrageous.

For the last 5 years I have bought something from their sale and for me it is the sale I look most forward too, but I am a bit of a FFG fanboy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like MM took a knee this year. It will be interesting to see what CSI does. I believe last year they spread out when the deals happened which was annoying for some. I'm still waiting for Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game Expansion to come out so I can get my order from their last 10% off sale, yes that is from May, can finally come in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennifer Derrick
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthean wrote:
Looks like MM took a knee this year. It will be interesting to see what CSI does. I believe last year they spread out when the deals happened which was annoying for some. I'm still waiting for Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game Expansion to come out so I can get my order from their last 10% off sale, yes that is from May, can finally come in.

Nice to meet a fellow "waiter." I'm still waiting for Pandemic Iberia from that same sale! It's holding up a ton of other stuff, so I hope that the date of 12/2 holds up. Plus, I'm starting to feel bad that CSI has had to keep up with my stuff for so long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:
matthean wrote:

Nice to meet a fellow "waiter." I'm still waiting for Pandemic Iberia from that same sale! It's holding up a ton of other stuff, so I hope that the date of 12/2 holds up. Plus, I'm starting to feel bad that CSI has had to keep up with my stuff for so long.

I just got an order today that had been waiting since May. The Jim Henson's Labyrinth was what was holding it up. In the interim I'd added to and split off enough for two other $100+ orders and had them shipped. If I'd waited for everything I think they would have needed a semi to drop it off at my house.

It feels strange not having any orders on hold with CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Metro Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
I do my research and it always falls to Cardhaus for me. In the past I've used CSI and MM, but for the last two years or so, it's been all Cardhaus all the time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.