6 Posts

Codex: Card-Time Strategy – Deluxe Set» Forums » General

Subject: Codex Core Set Box Size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jarrod Uhrig
United States
flag msg tools
I have the Deluxe Edition for Codex but feel limited by the huge box size for transporting this game. Does someone know how big the CORE Set box is? I am wondering if the Core box would be able to hold all 6 codex with some extra room for maybe the rolled playmats and tokens put into bags. The only place I can find that lists a size online is Amazon but I know it's not 12x12 like it says since the box is not square.

Thanks for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The core box is the size of a binder. You won't fit playmat into that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Uhrig
United States
flag msg tools
Do you happen to have the measurements for it for my reference?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Core Box is about the size (length/width) of a typical binder. This is a 0.5" D-Ring Avery binder stacked on top of the Core box. You can probably fit 3 or 4 filled Codex in there if you keep the the player boards in there. I just know with the existing cardboard packaging insert, it will fit 2 filled Codex at most. The Avery binder will not fit inside the core box since it's the same (length/width) as the box cover.

This is my storage solution right now... Right now each binder is holding 3.5 Codex/colors/factions, or 10 heroes each. Core box holds the boards, tokens, 2 empty codex books). Starter box holds all 10 starter decks and heroes, along with the starter boards. The smaller expansion boxes hold card tokens. I think I will probably remove the 2 empty Codex binders from the Core box and put all the starter decks, starter boards, and tokens in there making it a bit easier to travel with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
This is my current transit solution for my Deluxe Set:

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Portable-File-Box-with-Organi...

It's not perfect, but it holds binders, scavenged tuckboxes for starters and tokens, tracker dials, dice, rulebooks, and the folding playmats. The chits and add-on / spec mini cards fit in the lid. It has a handle to carry by itself and I can fit it in my normal messenger bag without too much of a struggle -- although it does become a struggle if I try to carry any additional full sized game as well.

The drawbacks are:
* not big enough for roll-up playmats
* the lid's main hinges are fragile - if you leave it open without support you may crack them
* the organizer slots in the lid bins are not completely divided from each other, so while the lid stores all your chits, it does not actually keep them "organized"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a plastic carrying case that holds it all. Actually destroyed the box itself already - it made for nice dividers for my X-Wing carrying case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.