GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,776 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Need the order of actions (dunedain ranger) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stacy .
msg tools
I'm new, I'm not sure how to play Dunedain ranger correctly.
The newly drawn enemy card does not belong to the staging area and goes to the engaged enemies straight away? Do I need to resolve this conflict before doing anything else? Does this card ever belongs to the current turn or can wait till the next turn?
Does it start with the defending phase? Or I can attack first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Munn

Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean the DĂșnedain Hunter. What happens is that whatever enemy you bring out of the deck gets placed immediately in your playing area, engaged with you in just the same way that you would normally do it if they engaged you during the Engagement Phase. (Which includes resolving any "After you engage an enemy / an enemy engages you" effects).

And that's the only "special" thing that happens with that enemy. After it engages you, you move on with your normal turn. Once you get to the Combat Phase, it will attack you just like any other engaged enemy, following the same normal combat rules. The only thing special is the engagement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stacy .
msg tools
Thank you alot, now I see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
another important implication of this is that the enemy in question does not resolve any when revealed effects, just any engagement ones (because it is put into play, not revealed)

make sure that you do resolve those engagement effects though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.