Subject: Can Elle use her ability when another Hero Fights in her Space? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Elle (from Beta Team) has the following hero ability: "Once per Fight you are in, you may cancel the results of all rolls. Both you and the Sins player must roll again."

Does this only work in Fights where Elle is the "Current Hero", or does it also work when another Hero Fights in the same Space as Elle? Elle contributes a die, so in a sense she is "in" the Fight...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It only works when she is fighting herself. Thiago answered that in the inofficial FAQ here on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
webs1 wrote:
It only works when she is fighting herself. Thiago answered that in the inofficial FAQ here on BGG.

OK, thanks. Where can I find that unofficial FAQ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
Here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1623791/multiple-rules-clar...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XeyneGaming wrote:

Kickass. Siege thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Weber
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SpectrumDT wrote:
XeyneGaming wrote:

Kickass. Siege thanks.

I'm afraid I misremembered and it wasn't about Elle's ability in the FAQ but about the Ice Blade:
Quote:
The "Ice Blade" upgrade card states "+1 Dice and +1 Shield in Fights in your Space". Does this mean ALL fights in your space? (i.e. Do your teammates get to take advantage of this too?)

A: No, it’s only for fights where you are the active hero.

But I'm still sure Elle's ability works analogous. The wording of her ability strongly suggests so itself ("being in a fight" might be ambigupus, but "you must roll again" only makes sense if she's the active hero).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.