$30.00
$15.00
$20.00
$5.00
James Hazeltine-Shedd
msg tools
Scrum

Overview:
The neighboring towns of Pulgoolie and Flumpot are keen rivals in everything: the height of their church towers, the savor of their beer -- but most of all, the performance of their ball teams in the weekly ball game on the playing field which neighbors the towns.

One coach from Flumpot, the other from Pulgoolie, field teams of players to gain all-important bragging rights for the week.

Designer:
Jim Hazeltine-Shedd

Players:
2 player

Play Time:
10-20 minutes

Components:
1 x Rules card (front and back)
17 player cards

Rules:

Setup: Deal eight cards to each
coach, and place the remaining
cards in the discard pile. Coaches
put one card face down on the
field, and three cards face down
on the benches. Reveal the cards on
the field and on the benches.
Coach whose player on the field
has a lower number value plays first.
If tied, card with the first name in
alpha order wins.
Play: Card from top of the bench
onto the field and plays its ability.
Coach places a card from hand (if
any) onto the bottom of the bench.
Game End: When one coach has four
players on the field or has run out
of cards, other coach takes one final
turn. Winner is the coach with
highest number value cards on the
field.

Component Files - Updated 12/2/16
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmPC3bplD03fc_21pNarm5iP0NQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Hi James,

Looks like an interesting game - maybe a sort of Love Letter meets Brave Rats and has a love child with rugby?

Anyway, I was just reading the cards and wanted to check that you intended the rules to go on the back of the ref? I suspect you might have it on the wrong side as it would make more sense to go on the back of the map card.

There are still a lot of typos in the card text, which I hope you can fix in the last couple of hours remaining.

The portraits are great - did you draw them?

Cheers,
JK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lelo Arrowsmith
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It prints all 18 cards fronts and back on one page very tiny. Need to be able to print 4 separate pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tuck
England
LONDON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnKean wrote:

Anyway, I was just reading the cards and wanted to check that you intended the rules to go on the back of the ref? I suspect you might have it on the wrong side as it would make more sense to go on the back of the map card.

That's a common mistake.

James, this layout will ensure that the fronts and backs of the cards print out correctly for duplex:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.