Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Ladson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realize this was a Kickstarter, but was wondering if there is going to be general availability. In other words, how can I still get this? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mid December the rest of the copies arrive to the UK, then add a few more weeks to get to the USA and stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bown
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So when are those of us that Kickstarted going to get our copies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I bought it from a French online store three weeks ago. They are still listing it as available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe one day we Kickstarter backers will get our copies also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
For something that was promised in Oct, sold at Essen and already at the factory when kickstarted it's certainly taking a long time.

I think this will be my last QMG game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jond wrote:

I'm not in a position to say anything about the logistics and marketing... But the game itself is really, really good. I can understand your frustration but, you'd be missing out on something is all I'm saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jond wrote:
For something that was promised in Oct, sold at Essen and already at the factory when kickstarted it's certainly taking a long time.

I can live with the delay (stuff happens, it's a small production, and the ks page is ambiguous about when ks copies would arrive) but the lack of communication is little galling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
jond wrote:

I can live with the delay (stuff happens, it's a small production, and the ks page is ambiguous about when ks copies would arrive) but the lack of communication is little galling.

It's very clear on the kickstarter when copies would be delivered - before retail due in Late Nov/Early dec. some copies have been delivered, but it seems random.

My take (in the absence of any communication from PSC):
They air freighted the copies for backers and essen, and forgot to hold back enough copies to fufill the kick starter copies. So those of us without games may have paid to air freight someone else's games early, and will not get their pledges until it hits retail.

I'd love to be proven wrong at this stage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jond wrote:

Hi Jon

I hope your aggravation with PSC's logistical delays doesn't spoil the whole experience. This is the best design in the series, and in a few weeks I know it will all be sorted out. I hope you also distinguish between the design series and the publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
IanBrody wrote:
jond wrote:

Hi Jon

I hope your aggravation with PSC's logistical delays doesn't spoil the whole experience. This is the best design in the series, and in a few weeks I know it will all be sorted out. I hope you also distinguish between the design series and the publisher.

I do indeed Ian, and its good to know that PSC's faults have not gone unnoticed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bown
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you please answer the questions posted above about delivery times?

IanBrody wrote:
jond wrote:

Hi Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
thegamesstore wrote:
Can you please answer the questions posted above about delivery times?

IanBrody wrote:
jond wrote:

Hi Jon

Ian is the designer - PSC is the publisher, its likely Ian doesn't have any answers for us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Karlsson
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmb
Funny, I backed this because I´ve been intressted in the previous QM games and that deliverytime was to be very short and considering that they did´nt add a bunch of stuff also lead me to actualy belive that they would deliver on time. Boy was I wrong. But thats kickstarter it seems. Now Im at least hoping before christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
jond wrote:
MrMT wrote:
jond wrote:

It's very clear on the kickstarter when copies would be delivered - before retail due in Late Nov/Early dec. some copies have been delivered, but it seems random.

My take (in the absence of any communication from PSC):
They air freighted the copies for backers and essen, and forgot to hold back enough copies to fufill the kick starter copies. So those of us without games may have paid to air freight someone else's games early, and will not get their pledges until it hits retail.

I'd love to be proven wrong at this stage.

Turns out I had it pretty much on the nose, minus some spin.

PSC have blamed the Chinese manufacturer for not sending enough copies, which I would say conveniently sidesteps responsibility for selling what few copies they had at Essen to non-backers, that were funded by the Kickstarter.

I won't be giving PSC any more of my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottgun wrote:
I realize this was a Kickstarter, but was wondering if there is going to be general availability. In other words, how can I still get this? Thanks.

I didn't realise this was still in un-fulfilled Kickstarter territory, but ...

... I heard positive buzz about it on the BoardgamesToGo postcast from BGGcon, and ordered a copy from Philibert last week. It arrived this morning. Surprised how large the box is (was expecting a nice Quartermaster General sized box). Philibert are still listing it in stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:
Scottgun wrote:

... I heard positive buzz about it on the BoardgamesToGo postcast from BGGcon, and ordered a copy from Philibert last week. It arrived this morning. Surprised how large the box is (was expecting a nice Quartermaster General sized box). Philibert are still listing it in stock.

So retail before Kickstarter.

Okay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Bown
United Kingdom
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want my money back at this point. PSC have been quite useless and if they're shipping to distributors before fulfilling the Kickstarter they're just trying to hold onto our money while getting paid by selling games into retail they should be sending to backers.

Tldr: Don't trust PSC
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
NASA Dawn approaching Ceres
mbmbmbmbmb
thegamesstore wrote:
I just want my money back at this point. PSC have been quite useless and if they're shipping to distributors before fulfilling the Kickstarter they're just trying to hold onto our money while getting paid by selling games into retail they should be sending to backers.

Tldr: Don't trust PSC

That makes my Battle of Britain PSC Kickstarter give me warm fuzzies. To be fair, I suspect Philibert are selling copies of 1914 out of Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Witch Lord
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dougadamsau wrote:

I got mine from Philibert too. The game itself is nothing short of amazing. I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun with it

Everybody I know likes it. In fact, I'm already salivating for an expansion. I hope it has planes in it like Air Marshal (something like "QMG 1914: Flying Aces" would be really cool). Looking at this whole fiasco on the part of the PSC sales department, I'd probably not KickStart it though. I'd just buy a copy as soon as it hit the shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Day
United Kingdom
Lee
LONDON
flag msg tools
Oi!
badge
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be looking for PSC games second hand or for trade going forward. I can't support this type of company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Kenny
United Kingdom
Nr Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it last weekend with friends and it is a very good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.