3 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Marvel Legendary Variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Stephen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hello, sorry if this is in the wrong section or has been discussed previously (although I couldn't find anything when searching) but I was wondering if anyone has came up with a means to play DC in the style of the marvel legendary deckbuilder?

Like you could set out the locations as the places that the villains move through (from the villain deck) and maybe mix some crisises into the villain deck (similar to what marvel does) that would have to be resolved. When you defeat a villain you get to carry out their effect for yourself and/or hit everyone/just yourself with their attack then place them in a seperate pile in front of you.

There would also be like a supervillain pile with one out at a time but I haven't worked out how to properly implement them into it yet. And you would lose after a certain number of villains manage to make their way up through the locations and escape or there were too many crisies active or something.

At the end everyone counts up the VP of the villains/supervillains they defeated as well as what they have in their deck to decide the winner. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Croal
Canada
Guelph
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't remember seeing that but there certainly is a lot of Marvel content by FreedFromTheMatrix2. An example is Marvel Mini Expansion Luke Cage. There is a lot of recent work in other posts about Netflix Defenders characters, from Daredevil to Iron Fist and more. There are older and more obscure Marvel characters and some based on other comic publishers too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
wwfsmd wrote:
I don't remember seeing that but there certainly is a lot of Marvel content by FreedFromTheMatrix2. An example is Marvel Mini Expansion Luke Cage. There is a lot of recent work in other posts about Netflix Defenders characters, from Daredevil to Iron Fist and more. There are older and more obscure Marvel characters and some based on other comic publishers too.

Thanks for the rub!

Stephens3012 wrote:
Hello, sorry if this is in the wrong section or has been discussed previously (although I couldn't find anything when searching) but I was wondering if anyone has came up with a means to play DC in the style of the marvel legendary deckbuilder?

I've using Marvel Legendary to make Marvel characters in DC Deck builder (DCDB). Because of the inherent differences between the games it's very hard to make a direct port.

First difference is the game board versus Location cards. The logistics of that would require an entire card creation and/or FAQ that it would remove the fun.

The Villain deck and HQ are combined with the Main Deck. The Iconology on the cards of Marvel Legendary is nothing more than Equipment, Super Powers and other individual mechanics of this game.

Crisis are very tough cards that don't work being mixed into the main deck because they can take very long to remove once active. Get 2 or 3 of them stacked together with Ongoing abilities and a Line-Up full of high priced Villains and the game would be over faster than you can say "this isn't fun anymore".

The best way to approach this subject is to have multiple talented and creative people keep making custom cards for one game that are modeled after the other. The differences are too great to combine both games but not great enough to make them into custom game elements in the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.