Nice idea for the post. It is unfortunate that both games are in two forums so often need to check both for info.
The 3 best things about Super Fantasy: Ugly Snouts Assault in terms of game-play, mechanics and immersion are:
1. Push your luck dice system makes for tough choices
2. Very simple to teach and understand with lots of decision built in (how to spend XP, how to allocate dice to actions, etc)
3. Race aspect of playing where dungeon dwelling turns into turn maximization
4. Random spawning means the board is not always known
5. Characters are unique with their charge up abilities and starting stats/gear
6. Cross-compatibility of all components between games
The 3 worst things about Super Fantasy: Ugly Snouts Assault in terms of gameplay, mechanics and immersion are:
1. Not being able to move through heroes/monsters can lead to clogged situations (see my home rules here)
2. Treasure is rare and often not worth the time to go after it. Need to add dropped treasure (see my home rules here)
3. The tone of the game is tongue and cheeks (such as the electric guitar playing bard) which some people may not like
4. No minis (cardboard is fine but today's mini craze means everyone expects minis)
5. Needs a scenario builder though one could easily throw together a map
This...exactly. I would only add the non-stop respawns of monsters.