Interaction leads to Immersion.
Immersion leads to Fun.
this is not intended to be a thread full of bashes or discussion. I can't stop you, but my intention is simply to gather your opinions regarding game-play, mechanics, immersion etc.
Please try to find something for both sides. E.g. not only name things you dislike but also you like, nor only name things like like but none that you dislike. Think hard !
You can name more but should try to name at least 3 each, on the good and bad side!
Here is a template, thanks for participating!:
The 3 best things about Super Fantasy: Night of the Badly Dead in terms of game-play, mechanics and immersion are:
The 3 worst things about Super Fantasy: Night of the Badly Dead in terms of gameplay, mechanics and immersion are:
Dist of Columbia
Nice idea for the post. It is unfortunate that both games are in two forums so often need to check both for info.
The 3 best things about Super Fantasy: Ugly Snouts Assault in terms of game-play, mechanics and immersion are:
1. Push your luck dice system makes for tough choices
2. Very simple to teach and understand with lots of decision built in (how to spend XP, how to allocate dice to actions, etc). I find it less complicated than Descent/Imperial Assault and actually has more flavor.
3. Race aspect of playing where dungeon dwelling turns into turn maximization
4. Random spawning means the board is not always known
5. Characters are unique with their charge up abilities and starting stats/gear
6. Cross-compatibility of all components between games
The 3 worst things about Super Fantasy: Ugly Snouts Assault in terms of gameplay, mechanics and immersion are:
1. Not being able to move through heroes/monsters can lead to clogged situations (see my home rules here)
2. Treasure is rare and often not worth the time to go after it. Need to add dropped treasure (see my home rules here)
3. The tone of the game is tongue and cheeks (such as the electric guitar playing bard) which some people may not like
4. No minis (cardboard is fine but today's mini craze means everyone expects minis)
5. Needs a scenario builder though one could easily throw together a map