Lisboa» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is this combo available ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ïzi Requin
France
Versailles
flag msg tools
Maybe someone could answer this question ? Vital ?

* If i have a Tresury card with 2 coins for example it means i get this much of a discount every time i need to spend reais

But if my influence is at 0 and i have the special power ( with left houses or clergy tiles) that allow me to pay with reais instead of influence can i use my discount and get up to 2 influence for free ALL GAME LONG ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition and Máquina
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Seems like a good strategy.
You don't need to have 0 influence for that. One less element to worry during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hai Bing
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our first 4p game, one guy got a purple treasure card with -2 reais by exchange his hand cards after the first period. Then he got a brown treasure card with -3 reais bonus after his next turn. When he played these two cards, he got a -5 reais bonus and can do anything he want without paid.we all thought that's too huge advantage. Is there anything we do wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition and Máquina
mbmbmbmbmb
No. It's correct. Great engine right there. You can even have more powerfull combos by adding good clergy tiles.
There are even better cards. The ones that allows you to build without paying for rubble can give you as much as 15 Reais in only one move.

I notice that only one point separeted the first and the second player in your game.

One of the great things in Lisboa are those powerfull combos, and there are a lot of them. To balance all that stuff was one of the most enjoyable and chalenging things I faced during the creation and developing of this game.

Now, you just need to look for them and have a lot of fun by take advantage of those.

Try the ship/sales strategy, or the public buildings control. Go for all the top bonus on the stores and control full streets with your stores or abuse from the clergy tiles, and the church scoring.
Try to take a lot of decrees or take advantage of the officials at the Noble departments. Hire the most people you can and try to take clergy tiles of the officials that score at the end of the game. Have always favors of the King to take more action than the other players, control the price of the good by producing a lot. Play treasury cards in the Nobles court just to not give actions to the other players.

Most of thes strategies will seem very powerful for you in the first games.
And they are. Just go for them. And have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hai Bing
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, thanks for reply so quickly.
One more doubt: Can I use this -5 reais bonus many times in only one turn?
For example,I play a noble card in the court(the builder) to build a store. The builder’s office has 4 officers from other players and the
Treasury marker is at +1, meaning that I need to spend 5 Influence to visit the builder. I have 0 point on th influence track, so I have to spend 5 reais to visit the builder 'cause I unlocked the 2 wooden houses from leftmost group already. But I'll pay nothing for this visit with my -5 reais bonus. Then, I need pay 6 reais to build a store in the market, but I just pay 1 real with my -5 reais bonus.
On my next turn, I play a noble card(the king) to open a public building, but I pay nothing to visit even if I have 0 point on the influence track with my -5 reais bonus, and pay nothing to hire even if I have no officers in the office(the treasury mark is on the lowest place).
Am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are. The rule says that you can apply that discount everytime you need to pay for something.
It not anusual that players don't pay money at the second part of the game, because they just build a great economic engine. money is not an issue in this game, goods, actions, influence and buildings are.

And you had a lot of work for that. You had to take the rigth stores, you had to take the right cards and increase your economic engine. The easiest way to do that is with simple clergy tiles. You have clergy tile where you not pay for influence throwout the game, other tiles, that have the same power of those houses and other tiles that gives you money just for visiting the nobles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.