$35.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Magic Realm» Forums » Rules

Subject: Another Question -- Horses in Combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I get the galloping/not (only once per phase).

Let's say -- non-hypothetically -- that the White Knight has hired O3 and then attacked the Patrol, who are conveniently there.

1) The Order and Patrol have no special relationship, so that's OK. No treachery, right?

2) I think I grok Denizen assignment, no problem. O2 lures P2 and WK takes the others.

3) But O3 and P2 each have horse. The horses seem slower (I guess they are bigger targets) than the main people. But each basically works like a manuever against the others attack? The attack is in the O3/P2 box, and the defense is the O3-H, P2-H box? So you have to undercut the horse or line up on the horse?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious Gamer
United States
Apple Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:
I get the galloping/not (only once per phase).

Let's say -- non-hypothetically -- that the White Knight has hired O3 and then attacked the Patrol, who are conveniently there.

1) The Order and Patrol have no special relationship, so that's OK. No treachery, right?


Correct.

Bankler wrote:
2) I think I grok Denizen assignment, no problem. O2 lures P2 and WK takes the others.


By grok, I think you're right.


Bankler wrote:
3) But O3 and P2 each have horse. The horses seem slower (I guess they are bigger targets) than the main people. But each basically works like a manuever against the others attack? The attack is in the O3/P2 box, and the defense is the O3-H, P2-H box? So you have to undercut the horse or line up on the horse?


Hmmm, I don't recall if you're supposed to try to hit the horse, or the individual riding the horse (assuming we're not using Advanced Combat Rules). I believe you would be trying to hit the horse in the case. So then yeah, you have to undercut or line up with the horse, taking into account the horse's vulnerability and armor. Once the horse is dead, then there's only the native to worry about.

In Advanced Combat, it's possible to kill the rider without killing the horse (though the horse just dies anyway).

The native on the horse, that is considered to be the attack. The horse is considered to be the maneuver.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.