Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Strategy

Subject: How to win with Patriotic Crimea in 17 turns and 72 points - step by step rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Crimea [+] [View All]
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
While it's not a bad set-up you mapped out saying it's not dependent on luck is a little bit of a stretch. You have the last 2 stars coming from winning 2 battles assuming there are 2 fights you can pick and win and that none of your opponents are getting in your way. Especially as we've been getting better and better my group has been extra careful about leaving lone combat unit vulnerable to prevent easy combat stars yielding quick game ends.

That being said it is an excellent start for Crimea. 4 Stars with Maxed Mechs, Recruits, Workers and Power is nothing to scoff at especially without using an encounter or your objective.

I wouldn't say that you are a shoe-in to win but you're definitely competitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jeffreys
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you actually expect to win 2 combats in a turn with no cards?!?

Your regular play group is very strong, if that's actually an expected outcome for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav W
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Korhil_NZ wrote:

Your regular play group is very strong, if that's actually an expected outcome for you.

Scout and he has one card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Korhil_NZ wrote:

To be fair Crimea can do that. Their Scouting Ability means that either they will always have a card whenever they fight or that neither player will have a card. In fact if they steal their opponents highest card they automatically win.

Basically as long as they have 7 power with scouting they will win any 1 v 1 fight that:

A. Their Opponent has no cards
B. Their Opponent has 1 card
C. Their Opponent has cards of the same value
D. They Steal a proper card from their opponent

So it's not completely farfetched although it does rely on opponents who leave lone combat units around like sitting ducks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
SergioAlonso wrote:
allstar64 wrote:
While it's not a bad set-up you mapped out saying it's not dependent on luck is a little bit of a stretch. You have the last 2 stars coming from winning 2 battles assuming there are 2 fights you can pick and win and that none of your opponents are getting in your way. Especially as we've been getting better and better my group has been extra careful about leaving lone combat unit vulnerable to prevent easy combat stars yielding quick game ends.

You could attack once on turn 15, using 2 mechs against 2 mechs; and then attack again on turn 17, using 2 mechs against 2 mechs.

Which again is only really meaningful if you have managed to pull extra Combat Cards from your encounter or from recruits. It doesn't matter if I do 1 v 1 or 5 v 1, If I have no combat cards the outcome will be the same (Scout only lets you steal 1 per combat).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Münster
NRW
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
OP, why did you delete all of your postings on this topic (including the other thread and your google spreadsheet)?

I hadn't read them yet but had bookmarked this thread for a later closer look and now find it very lacking... whistle

I would definitely welcome more threads with action-by-action analyses of the number of turns the different faction-player mat combinations can reach 6 stars in. The game practically begs for such analyses in my opinion, it's what I would have done myself if I had already had/taken more time to think about the game. Such analyses can be a very good indicator how balanced the different faction-player mat combos really are, which is probably my main concern for how much I really like the game.
So I am sad to see your analysis go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Andrzejewski
Poland
flag msg tools
I'm also curious about those analysis - I wonder if it can beat Crimea + Mechanical combo I described here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1613121/mastering-marvellou...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.