Hide
19 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: FAQ for Arkham Horror rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Meto Nymous
msg tools
I'm trying to find the "FAQ for Arkham Horror LCG" but cardgamedb is down, and has been so often lately.
Is there anyone who could post this faq on BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
They did already.

Would you like some help on how the search function works.

Or do you need me to provide you a direct link like this one?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1671222/faq-arkham-horror-l...

Phoenix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
They did already.

Would you like some help on how the search function works.

Or do you need me to provide you a direct link like this one?

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/reply/24252307

Phoenix

Did you miss the part where he said cardgamedb is down (and has been for days)?

I think he was asking for someone to post the whole FAQ into its own thread on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DancingFool wrote:

I think it's the link in that thread that's broken. I've still been able to get to the database:
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/arkhamhorror/arkham-horr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
DancingFool wrote:

I think he was asking for someone to post the whole FAQ into its own thread on BGG.

Oh boy!

This is literally like my ideal reply.

I am totally going to [The Lonely Island] in my pants

*Ahem*

Did you miss part where I linked to the BOARDGAME GEEK PAGE where the FAQ is posted?

Did you miss the part where I said “THEY DID ALREADY.”

Did you check out the FAQ post which I bumped specifically for this user?

Thank you JP for giving me a reason to be smug. I am in your debt for the rest of the day. Have some Geek Gold.

Phoenix

Nice try. You might want to check your links. Also, The FAQ you post you bumped doesn't contain the FAQ. Rather, it only has a link to cardgamedb, which as has been stated is down and has been down for days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Des Roches
Canada
Lorraine
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, such smugness for someone who is wrong. The thread you linked (not very well, since your link goes to reply a post you made on the thread) gives a link to the FAQ on... wait for it... cardgamedb! Which is down, which is the whole point of this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
Did you miss part where I linked to the BOARDGAME GEEK PAGE where the FAQ is posted?

Your link opens a reply form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigland wrote:
DancingFool wrote:

I think it's the link in that thread that's broken. I've still been able to get to the database:
http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/arkhamhorror/arkham-horr...

Fair enough. That link works. Every time I've tried for the last several days the site hasn't worked. Maybe it was just a broken link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been inspired by Phoenix Bird to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. By sheer luck, I happened to have a copy of the FAQ in Notepad, and have pasted it into this thread: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/24269197
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joltin' Joe
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's threads like this one that cause people to make comments about how unfriendly the community is here at BGG.

This is at the bottom of the screen every time you open it up to post:

By posting a message you agree to follow the Community Rules
The Short List: Use common courtesy in your posts & Respect others

Thank you, Emily Dickinson, for being part of the solution. (P.S. Your poetry is amazing.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Kløve
Denmark
Hillerød
flag msg tools
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
mbmbmbmbmb
DouglasLondon wrote:
Not everywhere on bgg. The lotr forums are the best.

Let's emulate them then, shall we?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Bird
Antarctica
msg tools
mbmbmb
I apologise for making a post which didn’t contribute to the community positively.

I have removed it.

I will try and make sure that doesn’t happen again and maybe take a day away from the forums in order to become a much more chilled out and helpful poster.

Thank you for your patience.

Phoenix
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:
I apologise for making a post which didn’t contribute to the community positively.

I have removed it.

I will try and make sure that doesn’t happen again and maybe take a day away from the forums in order to become a much more chilled out and helpful poster.

Phoenix

Phoenix, I sincerely love what you bring to this forum the vast majority of the time. You are funny and informative, and it was with all sincerity that I cited you as an inspiration - if you hadn't been interesting to read, I probably wouldn't have gone over to that other thread, seen my old post, and realized that I still had a copy of the FAQ. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esgaldil wrote:
Phoenix_Bird wrote:

I have removed it.

Phoenix

Phoenix, I sincerely love what you bring to this forum the vast majority of the time. You are funny and informative, and it was with all sincerity that I cited you as an inspiration - if you hadn't been interesting to read, I probably wouldn't have gone over to that other thread, seen my old post, and realized that I still had a copy of the FAQ. Thank you.

I *think* the issue that is cropping up is that Arkham Horror the Card Game is bringing in a lot of NEW people who don't understand FFG's LCG world (multiple cores, not self contained, needs expansions etc). This is leading to a lot of of redundant posts that I *think* is getting on the nerves of the hardcore, even though they might not realize it.

Just an observation. Could be wrong.

jorune
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Guys, please use ArkhamDB.com for all your rules FAQ needs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Siegfried
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix_Bird wrote:

I have removed it.

Phoenix

This would be more meaningful if you hadn't posted the exact same message at the end of a thread yesterday where you were being belligerent to people asking questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Butaman551 wrote:
Phoenix_Bird wrote:

I have removed it.

Phoenix

This would be more meaningful if you hadn't posted the exact same message at the end of a thread yesterday where you were being belligerent to people asking questions.

He posted them both at the same time and hasn't posted since. I see no reason to doubt the sincerity of this message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Guys. When you get tired of answering same old rules questions on the forums - just stop answering them. Let other people answer them. Don't undertake the sacred duty of answering ALL the rules questions if you cannot handle it.

There are some players who don't ever read the rulebook. They get taught how to play by their friends, and if they have specific questions, they want to ask them and get direct answers, not study the rulebook or the faq. There are such players, there are plenty of them, and they are not any worse than you for being that way. It would be best to keep your fishing techniques to yourself, and either give or not give fish when asked. Especially if the way you teach how to fish makes people angry.

That's why ArkhamDB.com is such a great resource - it answers only the questions you want to ask, without making you read throught pages of the rulebook. ArkhamDB is your best bud! Spread the word!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.