Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm still waiting for the file to be approved, but "Living Rules" have been uploaded to the geek (they're also over at CSW on the Hollandspiele forums). Mostly it's just clarifying some minor points - a word here, a word there - but there are two significant tweaks:

PEACEKEEPING ACTION: Using the presence of the Legions, and the proconsul, to discourage overt rebellion.
• Limitation: You must move to an adjacent Box that contains no Tribal Units in a Region with no Tribal Leader. Camps count as being in the Blue Region.
• Resolution: None, beside the Cup Adjustment and Hostile Tribe Reaction.
• Agricola Effect: Move to a second adjacent Box that contains no Tribal Units.
• Tribal Leader Effect: Prevents you from taking this Action.
• Cup Adjustment: 1 Hostile - Unfriendly.
• Hostile Tribe Reactions: 1.

This better represents the intent of that action while being both less restrictive and less prone to abuse.

7.4 Empty Hostile Cup
In the unlikely event that the Hostile Cup is empty when it comes time to resolve Hostile Actions, the Game Turn ends immediately. Score 1VP for each unused Legion Action. Then, make the following Cup Adjustment: 8 Unfriendly - Hostile.

This works in conjunction with the above to prevent systemic repeated emptying of the Hostile Cup. (It is a rare event for most sessions, but because of the way the cup adjustment system works, if it starts to happen, it tends to keep happening.)

I want to thank everyone who has purchased and played the game, and made it my most popular wargame design by far. A lot of you loved it, some of you didn't, but I take all your suggestions, questions, comments, and quibbles seriously.

We are working on color-blind friendly counters. Once we have those, we will be updating the physical rulebook accordingly, and so at that point future physical editions of the game will come with this edition of the rulebook.

If you've already purchased the physical game, and would like a new physical copy of the updated rulebook, leave us a note the next time you place an order and we'll have our printer pack the rulebook along with your purchase, at no extra charge to you. Again, these aren't ready yet, as we're still working on those color-blind friendly counters. So if you ask for it now, we can't give it to you. I will announce when these are ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
After all, a murder is only an extroverted suicide.
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on how my Secret Santa (and regular Christmas) goes, I'll probably end up buying the game directly from you. Having an updated ruling is always great !

I'm actually rather impatient to test out the game, the more I look at pictures, the more I like how it looks, and what it promises in terms of gameplay laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathanael Robinson
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
In the unlikely event that the Hostile Cup is empty ...

Thanks for the update of the rules. I'm not sure yet how it would play, but it did seem that after Mons Graupius, there was a good chance the hostile cup would be empty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi !

Any news on the physical update of the manual ? I'm actually a click away from buying it, but wanted to know how this update was going

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:
Hi !

Any news on the physical update of the manual ? I'm actually a click away from buying it, but wanted to know how this update was going

It's been updated, along with new counters (larger, easier-to-read font, and symbols to help color-blind folks), but our printer is working his way through his existing stock before printing the new ones. We'll check where he is and see if the transition has been made yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tomrussell wrote:
Eawyne wrote:
Hi !

It's been updated, along with new counters (larger, easier-to-read font, and symbols to help color-blind folks), but our printer is working his way through his existing stock before printing the new ones. We'll check where he is and see if the transition has been made yet.

Thanks for the input !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I'm coming back for some more info. Could it be possible to have some news about how that new edition is going ? Could it also be possible to have some picture of how those new counters look like ?

Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Dearborn
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Eawyne wrote:
Hi

I'm coming back for some more info. Could it be possible to have some news about how that new edition is going ? Could it also be possible to have some picture of how those new counters look like ?

Thanks !

I believe at this point the copies being produced are the copies with the new counters. I don't have a physical copy with the new counters, but here's a "before and after" image - old counters on top, new counters on bottom.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florent Leguern
France
Saint-Martin-d'Hères
flag msg tools
Groaning Grognard
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's neat, thanks !

If that's the case, I'm off to order it right away cool

EDIT : and it's done laugh can't wait to get it !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

as a 40+ guy in denial, that bigger text is a live-saver!

I can confirm that the new counters are included when I download it - to the print-mobile!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.