Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Siskin
United States
Playa Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The third installment in the Rome at War series has been announced. Let's face it, the first two volumes don't have great BGG ratings, so I'd like to know what's new in volume 3 (aside from a choice of a pinup cover).

The counters look great, truly, but APL always gets top marks on that. How is the gameplay? Has it been altered in the last five years? There were complaints in vol. 2 about the mapboard. Has that been changed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
No, the map in Vol.II is still terrible.

I would hope that the rulebook is finally sorted into out. Vol.II was a big improvement over the error-riddled and poorly organized Vol.I, but it wasn't fully cooked, either. Not sure if I'll bother to find out...still on the fence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nameless Necromancer
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Do what yhou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - Aleister Crowley
badge
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - John Galt
mbmbmbmbmb
Developer Doug McNair did an excellent job with the new Rules. Much better than the two previous incarnations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.