Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking for a little more challenge in your life, try this variant for Energy Empire:

When you set up the global impact cards, do not use any "Early Global Impact Cards" instead use "Late Global Impact Cards" for all six of the cards you use in this game.

You can use this variant also if you're looking for a very, very difficult challenge in solo play.

Let me know what you think if you try this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
What's the name of the variant where you use all the "Early Global Impact Cards" instead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point - what would you call it?

Mayberry?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LL Games wrote:
If you're looking for a little more challenge in your life, try this variant for Energy Empire:

When you set up the global impact cards, do not use any "Early Global Impact Cards" instead use "Late Global Impact Cards" for all six of the cards you use in this game.

You can use this variant also if you're looking for a very, very difficult challenge in solo play.

That's just sadistic...devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried it Solo, and it was super difficult, but I managed to pull it off with 107 points and completing all the other objectives
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
WBuchanan wrote:
What's the name of the variant where you use all the "Early Global Impact Cards" instead?

Energy Empire for Millenials - everybody gets a trophy level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
LL Games wrote:
Good point - what would you call it?

Mayberry?

Pleasantville?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hoffman
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
LL Games wrote:

That's just sadistic...devil

It sounds sadistic... but fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Burnett
Wales
Cardiff
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just recently purchased this game and have two games under my belt.
Firstly I would like to congratulate the designers on a tight well produced game.
I like to rotate my game plays between games but this one is constantly calling me to play it (I don't like to burn out on games).

Having read this variant (I've not tried it) I am considering sleeving the cards in opaque sleeves so that the six events are truly unknown.

I've ordered the Missile Crisis card via BGG to add to my pool. Would be nice to have a 50/50 split in good bad events eventually maybe via expansions.

In future expansions would there be any interest in consolidating the Art work on the back of the cards to match ?(Art work is great).

The front of the cards could still emphasise early/late events for those times when you would want to pool 3 blind early/late events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that the designers are encouraging alternate Global Impact card layouts, what about alternating 1 Easy (green), 1 Hard (red)?

That would seem to pace out events and still allow for some difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spagetti69 wrote:
Having read this variant (I've not tried it) I am considering sleeving the cards in opaque sleeves so that the six events are truly unknown.

I like this idea a LOT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
veector wrote:
Spagetti69 wrote:

I like this idea a LOT.

I also find this idea very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Laurie
United States
Santa Maria
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Early in the design process, there was no division between early and late Global Impact cards. At that stage, most of the effects were harmful.

What we found was that an unlucky player could be hit very hard by a negative effect early in the game, and might feel like they were taken out if the running before they got started.

So the early/late division is here to stay, but you're welcome to sleeve your cards and try the much more randomized experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Buchanan
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
LL Games wrote:

What we found was that an unlucky player could be hit very hard by a negative effect early in the game, and might feel like they were taken out if the running before they got started.

I could see how that could be the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.