Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guilherme Felga
Brazil
Santana de Parnaíba
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would you please comment on your scores while playing the official solo variant?!

I have played a few games, scoring somewhere between 60 and 80 in most of them. Despite being used to Uwe Rosenberg's games, I am finding it strange that I did so fine most of the times. I must add that I do not think there may be something wrong with the rules, I have already checked for that and I am playing right!!!

Please tell me how you are doing.

BTW, the game is great! The lightest of Uwe's big box games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm scoring about the same. I had one game where I scored 100* but I've not got near that again.

*I'm pretty sure I had played correctly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
red m
msg tools
that makes 5 cubes in the 20'
in 32 rounds!
Which 3 garden # did you use? (1-9)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Dodgin
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I can't remember which garden tiles I used, sorry. I'm now wondering whether I messed up somehow, but at the time I was *sure* I'd played it correctly...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
The first five games of Cottage Garden that I played were all at the two-player count. In those five sessions, only once did a player score less than 70 points (and that outlier was 68). My one solo play so far saw me score 82.

Given that the official solo rules are basically a more friendly version of the two-player game -- since there's no opponent to mess up your plans and grab the flower tile that you wanted, or force an ill-timed refill -- solo scores should be higher on average than two-player scores. (Though of course you can't get the +1/+2 beehive bonus in solo mode.)

The rulebook mentions that 70 is a good score and 80 is an exceptional score. Based on my experience (a limited sample size, to be sure), I would say 80 is a good score and 85+ is an exceptional score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
... ...
Germany
flag msg tools
I just finished my first solo game(and Third total) with a score of 89.

I think I did well but I didn't feel that I did something exceptional.

The suggested scores in the rulebook do seem very friendly and perhaps weren't really ment for experienced players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.