Dr Faustus
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello there,
I got X-Wing for b-day last year and we are playing it casually.
I have core set plus one more X-Wing and TIE advanced.
I feel as I need just 2 more ships to play the game properly.
Any suggestions on what to get. One for booth sides.
Was thinking about TIE interceptor, for Rebels have no idea.
Or should i get full force awakens core set (also an option)
These purchases will be last ones for X-Wing as i don't play it enough to invest more.
Thanks
Live long and prosper. (Inappropriate)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Allen
United States
La Canada Flintridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I were you (and I have been) I would go on Amazon right now and get another Force Awakens core set for $16. Double your fighters, double your game equipment, at much less than you would pay for individual add-on ships. And if you still have the bug wait for the other ships and sets to go on sale, or buy up someone's collection on eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Faustus
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Habilis wrote:
If I were you (and I have been) I would go on Amazon right now and get another Force Awakens core set for $16. Double your fighters, double your game equipment, at much less than you would pay for individual add-on ships. And if you still have the bug wait for the other ships and sets to go on sale, or buy up some one's collection on eBay.

Thanks,
So I got force awakens core set. Can I just mix everything up? I see backs of dmg cards are different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mork Toblerone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nuuq wrote:
Habilis wrote:
If I were you (and I have been) I would go on Amazon right now and get another Force Awakens core set for $16. Double your fighters, double your game equipment, at much less than you would pay for individual add-on ships. And if you still have the bug wait for the other ships and sets to go on sale, or buy up some one's collection on eBay.

Thanks,
So I got force awakens core set. Can I just mix everything up? I see backs of dmg cards are different.

The damage deck in the Force Awakens set has been sort of updated to be more fair with how critical hits effect newer ships vs. older ships. You can use either damage deck just fine, though. All components are compatible. The rules in the Force Awakens are the same, just updated to include rules updates and errata and clarifications.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mork Toblerone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the additional core set is sound advice. If you want more ship variety, another bit of common advice for casual play is: Go with whichever ships you just think are the coolest. Any ships you have a fondness for from the OT, or from video game, or whatever...you probably can't make a bad choice if you are just going for casual play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thespaceinvader -
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Nuuq wrote:
Habilis wrote:

Thanks,

DO not mix up your damage decks. Either deck is fine, but each deck is a component in and of itself, rather than the cards being separate components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Faustus
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Sarajevo
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all.
So now I have
Core set
FA core set
Extra X-Wing
Extra Tie fighter
Tie advanced
Tie interceptor
Millennium Falcon.
I think that's it...
I might get one awing later on. Thank you all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.