Dead of Winter: The Long Night» Forums » Rules

Subject: Improvment (e.g. Greenhouse) once per turn or round? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Laos the Lurking
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, as the title says, I'm not completely sure whether the improvments Greenhous, Tool shed, Sick bay* and High seat* are usable once per round or once per turn (so up to 5 times per round with 5 players). They all read:

"All players with a survivor at the colony may use this ability once during their turn each round."

(*not sure if this is the official english card name)

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each player with a survivor at the colony could use the ability once during their turn each round. Not sure what you're reading too much into?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your help. I was just a little confused by the "each round" at the end of the sentence. Wouldn't it be enough to just say "All players with a survivor at the colony may use this ability once during their turn".
As far as I know, there is no way for a player to take multiple turns in the same round...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
That could have been easily misinterpreted as only once per player in the whole game (so not a reusable power). Specifying "per round" it should imply you can use it every round, for every player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laos the Lurking
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Djna83 wrote:
That could have been easily misinterpreted as only once per player in the whole game (so not a reusable power). Specifying "per round" it should imply you can use it every round, for every player

Ahh, I see. Now I got the point.

Thank you for clearing this up. Once per round seemed too weak anyway. But now I'm really excited to build some of those improvments next game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.