Dirk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What i really miss for the expansion is any suggestion which hero card setup i should use with the two noew factions.
I'm aware that i can just draw cards with the new randomizers, but i like to play the game "as suggested".

I'm sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere, my search brought no results. Has someone found a good setup or is there even an official one from the designer?

And thank you, Jeremy, for being so active on these boards. You really made a great game and if you're planning another expansion, count me in instantly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Anderson
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Grimflayer wrote:
What i really miss for the expansion is any suggestion which hero card setup i should use with the two noew factions.
I'm aware that i can just draw cards with the new randomizers, but i like to play the game "as suggested".

I'm sorry if this is already mentioned somewhere, my search brought no results. Has someone found a good setup or is there even an official one from the designer?

And thank you, Jeremy, for being so active on these boards. You really made a great game and if you're planning another expansion, count me in instantly.

Siege of Beasts:
Lycanthrope Faction
Bamboozle
Blossoming Staff
Form of Wind
Wild Charge
Thieving Strike
Stance of Stone
Staff of Icy Blows
Heal

There are a lot of crazy combos possible here. A build with Form of Wind and Staff of Icy Blows could buy a lot of Strikes and support spells to increase their odds of getting the Staff effect - and meanwhile not ever slow down their damage or support casting because they're taking no damage from combat.
Note that both Heal and Blossoming Staff are able to go into the Town Discard to heal Bites.
The rogue's coin-gathering efforts might, instead of Loot, go to buying Walls. Against the Lycanthropes Walls are particularly strong because they shore up your town size without decreasing the Traveler Deck - The larger the Traveler Deck is, the more time between Full Moons, and that can matter a LOT. Going for a Wall or two early can also buff the power of Stance of Stone a great deal. Consider buying Stance of Stone and using it for Magic to buy a Wall the first time you draw it, rather than playing it (remember, as a Stance it won't cycle normally, so you want to be careful with it).

Deforestation:
Harrowood Faction
Fireball
Frenzy
Raging Inferno
Scrying Shard
Lightning Daggers
Prophecy
Leading Strike
Frozen Ground

If you're in a game with 4+ players, remember that you can Explore your way to Overgrowths and then explore again to remove them without effect. This also makes the Explorer a better buy than average (and their presence in the Monster Power Area make Seal, Shrine, and Pilgrim better than average).
This setup is designed to be on the receiving end of piles of sudden monsters, which is a good plan to have since Harrowood is good at producing a lot of monsters without warning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Very Cool. Thank you very much for your answer. I hope you don't mind if i repost your answer over in the FAQ-Thread, since i think its valuable information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.