Subject: Third Shark Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bleacher Creature
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well another month and another GLG gathering (3 players but the spirit of Dave was with us). It was time to break out Shark for the third and last time for awhile.

One thing stood out at the end - higher scores than our two games last month. The game had some very slow and even growth. Red and Yellow established early and rose to mid-price nearly together. Blue was always a little behind and green stayed way behind.

But a strange thing happened somewhere mid-game, Green established itself in the middle of the shark tank and grew like a little monster. It even took a bite out of players in a mild shark attack. No one could believe it as the Shark/Green die combination was rolled some three times out of maybe 6 rolls. It never really got beyond maybe 5k but it hovered there threatening smaller pieces of Yellow and Blue which made players edgy.

JeffH was able to shark attack JeffP and myself on our Blue holdings. JeffP had enough cash to pay off the attack while I had to do some stock sell-off in order to get out of debt. That hurt my chances.

As the game cruised to the finish line (@2.5 hours), Blue stock continued to rise and eventually surpassed Yellow and Red. JeffP had a nice portfolio that included strong Yellow and Red plus a competitive amount of Blue stocks. I thought it would be a close finish between JeffH and JeffP but it was less close than I imagined.

Game 3 Totals:
JeffP 643
JeffH 603
Greg 499

And the final totals for the series of plays...

3 Game Totals:
JeffP 1543
Greg 1401
JeffH 1360

Overall, Shark was a fun game and I have to say that I enjoy it better than Acquire. You have to be a flexible tactician and sometimes a gambler to win at this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls