Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Rubin
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Hello:

The rules state that only units with the Burst ability can use an Ammo Belt. Must they be using Burst fire in order to use the belt in this case (Meaning that all units must be within 2 spaces)? Or can the fire be concentrated on one opponent unit with the aid of the belt and beyond 2 spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric L
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Ammo belt adds a plus 1 to your attack. You can attack 1 target or use the plus 1 with the burst fire. The 2 spaces max between targets still applies and does not not expand. Example, if you have a plus 4 MG and add an ammo belt you now have plus 5. You can now spread around 5 points. I hope this answered your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jrubin1 wrote:
The rules state that only units with the Burst ability can use an Ammo Belt. Must they be using Burst fire in order to use the belt in this case (Meaning that all units must be within 2 spaces)? Or can the fire be concentrated on one opponent unit with the aid of the belt and beyond 2 spaces?

The requirement for a unit with Burst ability is because those are the ones that use belt-fed weapons -- the machine guns. There is no requirement that the unit be performing a Burst action. DPG was just tying the bonus thematically to units with belt-fed weapons.

I am a bit confused by your last question, but it leads me to wonder if you understand Burst fire correctly. All the target units do not have to be within 2 inches of the shooting unit, they just have to be within two inches of each other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rubin
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Ah! Thanks so much for these explanations !!! I play with my 11 year old and he loves the game. There are indeed a lot of things to keep in one's head - your explanation of the burst ability made me re-read the instructions ---- thanks!! Makes so much sense - I appreciate it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.