GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

9,769 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Patchwork» Forums » General

Subject: Why is this 2p only? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Cunha
Norway
Lysaker
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Migth seem like a strange question but seeing from play videos it seems to me that the game mechanics are pefectly fine for a 3-5 player game but they decided to just include enough pieces for 2 players. Is there anything that prevents this game to accomodate extra players? Besides the missing cardoard, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maximus
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
it has a pretty big footprint for what it is, if you added more players, it would end up massive due to how the game is set up

as a 2P game, this is one of the best i have played and is great as a gateway game to introduce new gamers to the scene

i think if you added more players, it would turn into a completely different game

maybe something like Cottage Garden would be better for more than 2P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kingtreelo wrote:

You beat me to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Kingtreelo wrote:
it has a pretty big footprint for what it is, if you added more players, it would end up massive due to how the game is set up

as a 2P game, this is one of the best i have played and is great as a gateway game to introduce new gamers to the scene

i think if you added more players, it would turn into a completely different game

It may look similar but Cottage Garden is quite different. And far from as good as Patchwork. With more players there'd be less control and more solitaire in Patchwork which in my opinion would make it a far inferior experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A lot of the strategy in Patchwork is based on what options you leave for your opponent, and how those options will, in turn, force your opponent to give you options going forward. With 3 or more, you would lose too much control, and there would be less point in looking ahead. Overall I would expect a 3-5 player game of Patchwork to devolve into everyone grabbing the most efficient tiles, with little regards for what that opened up for their opponents, which would lead to a much less compelling game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of my friends played it as a 4 player team game. They seemed to enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.