Bios: Genesis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mana Death and Enzyme Death icones rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gartch Gartch
msg tools
mb
Hi everybody,

I'm not sure I understand what are the mana death and enzyme death icones on refugium card.
I believe:
_mana death icone: it's when there are the dice face icone+ on bottom left: a white cube with a red drop+on bottom right a 2 side arrows and a plus.
_enzyme death icone:a dice face icone+on botom a 2 sided arrow with a red cross
_there are also other places for disks with nothing depicted at all (rules don't mention them)

For example the card Mars Paleo-Ocean has (from left to right):
2 mana death icones, then a "nothing depicted" circle, then an enzyme death icone, then a mana death icone, and an enzyme icone

Can someone confirm or infirm I am right about these points?

Thank you for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're correct about the symbols.

The process is that you roll a number of dice equal to cubes of your colour (two dice per biont), and apply the results.

You apply all successes based on the climate on the event card (usually warm climates are broader successes).

You then apply all losses based on the uncovered circles in the middle of the card. These circles can be covered by catalysts, from left to right, so the "empty" spaces are there to make covering the later symbols cost more.

Worked example:

You have one biont alone on the Mars Paleo-Ocean Refugia, and all the cubes are disorganised.

You've put one catalyst on the refugia. which covers the leftmost circle.

You roll two dice for the biont, a 4 and a 5.

This results in one cube of your choice being organised (you arbitrarily choose a green cube), and then you apply losses - you apply one enzyme death and one manna death, gaining a blue catalyst as compensation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gartch Gartch
msg tools
mb
Thank you very much for your quick and very clear answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Carey
United States
West Coast
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night we had refugia with several enzymes remaining after resolving the death dice, but all organized manna (including a biont) was gone.

Do those enzymes remain on the refugia with the disorganized manna?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom B.
France
flag msg tools
Steve Carey wrote:
Last night we had refugia with several enzymes remaining after resolving the death dice, but all organized manna (including a biont) was gone.

Do those enzymes remain on the refugia with the disorganized manna?

Yes they do (see "Easily missed rule" in rule E1)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.