Hide
8 Posts

Habitats» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tie breaker rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincent Leclerc
msg tools
Is there any tie breaker for the end game scoring does both player share the victory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't see any discussion on a final VP tie in the English rule book. Players just total all their final Park Scores and then add that score to the sum of the already totaled Yearly Goal points, as they exist on the score track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
We had the same question - Son the Younger & I ended the game with 50 points each. (Love that we had pursued very different strategies!)

So, who won?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
You tied. You each combined everything the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamemark wrote:
So, who won?! :p

Especially so since you're family, what's wrong with "you both did" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Soper
Australia
flag msg tools
First game the other day (3 players) ended in a tie. No tie breaker mentioned in rules.
I don't mind a shared victory, but some suggestions were made. We adopted the following:
TB1: Player with most animals whose habitat demands have been met (the point of the game is about meeting habitat demands)
TB2: Still tied? Player with most flowers. (They are complete on their own) - but this is still arbitrary, could be something else.
TB3: OK, now for the Shared Victory.

Comments on the above and/or other suggestions for suitable tie-breakers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
Makes sense, though I'm sure there could be other ways, too. As long as people know in advance and agree up front, pretty much anything can become the appropriate tiebreaker.

In light of the nature of the game, esp. just how beautiful it is to look at and the fact that you're really building your own wildlife park, I'm not seeing any need for a tiebreaker. The fun comes from just playing the game. But then I just play to have fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack K
United States
Shorewood
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KonradwithaK wrote:
First game the other day (3 players) ended in a tie. No tie breaker mentioned in rules.
I don't mind a shared victory, but some suggestions were made. We adopted the following:
TB1: Player with most animals whose habitat demands have been met (the point of the game is about meeting habitat demands)

Our first play tonight ended in a tie for first too (and with very different strategies). We were surprised there was no tiebreaker and, like you, agreed that this would be the most suitable tiebreaker. Had I been a more competitive sort I would have declared myself victor on that basis but, as it wasn't in the rules, we were happy to share the victory over the other three people at the table...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.