GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

10,201 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Recruiting Parker "Repair the Ship" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Poskitt
Wales
Cwmavon
West Glamorgan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

I am at the start of another solo game (with just the Gunner) and have recruited Parker ("Repair the Ship"). I just want to be sure I have understood the rules correctly.

The character card says that when I draw a new hand at the end of my turn, if the Power Station is clear, I can draw an extra card.

My understanding is that this ability does not kick in until this card is drawn and played in a future turn. Is that right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That is correct recruiting a card does not allow it to be played that turn. When it next comes out it can be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougposkitt wrote:

My understanding is that this ability does not kick in until this card is drawn and played in a future turn. Is that right?

This is true of every single character card in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
dougposkitt wrote:

Actually it's not completely true. Some characters have the 'mobilise' keyword which is triggered on purchase rather than play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gribbon wrote:
grant5 wrote:
dougposkitt wrote:

Actually it's not completely true. Some characters have the 'mobilise' keyword which is triggered on purchase rather than play

Good point!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.