11 Posts

Lorenzo il Magnifico» Forums » General

Subject: how is this as a 2 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Penafiel
Canada
flag msg tools
I just watched rahdo's review of the game and he has this issue of forced moves when playing the 2 player variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudine Finlay
United States
Herriman
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
He's eating a Dungeon Lord imp...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it twice now with two players, and it plays just fine. There are actions that you can't take if the other player gets there first, but there are enough options that you can almost always do something else instead. The actions that open up for three or more players cost a bit, so I'm not sure how often they would be used anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heike Pohl
msg tools
mb
I like it with two players also very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Penafiel
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Magini
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a terrific 2 player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also think the game is terrific with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël
msg tools
mbmbmb
is there someone who play this game most of the time 2 player and likes it a lot? Do you cover up the 3/4 spaces? I'm interested but most of the time I play only with 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Kellis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel22 wrote:
is there someone who play this game most of the time 2 player and likes it a lot? Do you cover up the 3/4 spaces? I'm interested but most of the time I play only with 2.

6 of my 8 plays are at 2 players. Yes, we cover up the 3/4 spaces; I'm not sure why you wouldn't at 2 since those are the rules. My wife and I really enjoy it at 2 players. It's super tight with the resources and action locations; and I feel like paying attention to the other player is very important to success and timing things right. One of my favorite new-to-me games this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël
msg tools
mbmbmb
sckellis wrote:
Joel22 wrote:

6 of my 8 plays are at 2 players. Yes, we cover up the 3/4 spaces; I'm not sure why you wouldn't at 2 since those are the rules. My wife and I really enjoy it at 2 players. It's super tight with the resources and action locations; and I feel like paying attention to the other player is very important to success and timing things right. One of my favorite new-to-me games this year.

Sounds really great and how is the replayability?

Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Buhr
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel22 wrote:
sckellis wrote:
Joel22 wrote:

Thx!

I find it highly replayable. People will comment on the lack of card variety, but to me this is a nonissue. Each time a card comes out many variable dictate if I want that card. Some of these variables are dice rolls, my current strategy, my turn order, and general state of my resources.

If the limited number of cards seems like an issue for you, I would also point out that an expansion with many more cards is in the works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joël
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thirdspaced wrote:
Joel22 wrote:
sckellis wrote:
Joel22 wrote:

Thx!

I find it highly replayable. People will comment on the lack of card variety, but to me this is a nonissue. Each time a card comes out many variable dictate if I want that card. Some of these variables are dice rolls, my current strategy, my turn order, and general state of my resources.

If the limited number of cards seems like an issue for you, I would also point out that an expansion with many more cards is in the works.

Thx! For me it is not about the cards, it is about different strategy's to win. So i'm happy with your answers and I will buy the game .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.