Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
There is no try
badge
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all:

I am trying this out with 4 friends on Tuesday, but they aren't sure if it is going to be their type of game.

I really don't want to go through everything 'Legacy' related in that first playthrough just to have them not want to play it, and then I have a copy that has already been marked up/used, which would mean difficulties if I find another group to play it with or sell it.

Anyone have any ideas on how to keep the game 'New' and still try out the Prologue to get a feel for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Don't write names on Province boards or Advisors or Leaders

Make a color photo copy of the stickers. Cut out and lay down copy of sticker to be placed without gluing or sticking.

Can put down permanent ones later if they want to continue the game

Record numbers read in Captain's Book in order that they occur.

If they decide to keep playing, go back from your records and cross out the numbers in the Captain's Booke you have read

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also copy the exploration map to make the record-keeping easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain W.
Germany
flag msg tools
The marking and perhaps permanent destruction of cards is one of the epic things of legacy games.
I would propose:
- put white (removeable) stickers on the text fields to be named (Islands, Provincenames, Ship Names)
- copy the milestones on thick paper
- copy the leader cards in colour
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew L.
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
There is no try
badge
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no death, there is the Force.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the input, everyone.

I definitely understand that the destruction and marking of cards is what makes a legacy game exciting; I've played through most of Risk Legacy and we are in August of Pandemic Legacy with another group at the moment.

I just don't want to start a Legacy game with a group knowing going into it they may not want to see the thing through, and then I have a copy that has been marked by people who don't even want to play the game that would have to be used by people who do want to play the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.