Popular Tags: [View All]
Jared Trisciuzzi
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I was lucky enough to go to 2 pre-release events this weekend. I'm curious what cards you got that make you the most excited?

For me it is probably Hangar Bay (Legendary), Poe (Legendary), and General Veers (Rare). Can't wait to pick up a box at launch and expand my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jerome archer
Canada
st julie
québec
flag msg tools
Same here but got only 1 legendary out of 12 pack. At least it is the falcon

I think that mine probe is the most powerful card in the two starters.

Ordered 3 booster box for the release date. Cant wait for dec 2 !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Deeds
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was lucky enough to get Vader, Falcon, and Phasma all in my first 3 boosters. Unfortunately the other 3 boosters were all villain heavy and I was running a Rey deck so I wasn't able to really build up the starter as much as I would have liked. The falcon is just so good once you get enough resources to play it! Mind probe is a great card and I was surprised that it was a neutral one too. Some of the other cards I saw people get were Luke, Lukes Lightsaber, Jabba, and I saw 3 Kylos Lightsaber there as well.

Overall though, I had a blast playing this weekend and can't wait to get a booster box or 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Schutte
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got one of each starter and 6 boosters. Love the game so far, even starter deck play was fun. It is going to be more expensive to get enough cards to build a proper 30 point deck. Got 2 legendary cards Poe, and Crime Lord. No scum characters though to play Crime Lord or On the Hunt on, so 2 boosters I need to trade or wait for launch. Got a night sister to round out my starter deck or I just proxy a 2nd Storm Trooper. Really fun game, good times. Wish you got all 3 colors in the starter or that a 2nd starter didn't result in so much waste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My son and I are sharing the game so I know what you mean about it being expensive to get a decent 30 card deck. At the release event we got both starters and 12 packs total. Some how we managed to get Luke and Luke's Lightsaber (both legendary). Our last pack to open had an AT-ST. So far my son and I are enjoying it, but we'll probably need several more packs (or even a box) to really start customizing our decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Romo
msg tools
Awakening was my favorite. Its really useful to be able resolve a + die without having to roll a non +. Also opens up chances not to waste damage. One game my opponents Rey was down to 1 health and 1 shield and I was showing a Melee and a Melee +2. Resolved the +2 to finish off Rey and move onto Poe. Many times got an important resource or extra damage through.

Out of 12 packs I really didn't pull anything crazy, no legendarys at all. Ackbar was the best card but wasn't going to side Finn out to use him as then I would lose two die from not being able to use the blaster and a tie fighter I opened. I had no red hero dice to add if I brought Ackbar in. Luckily they had some extras at the end and was able to get a Luke. I've pulled two BB-8s so far which is a bummer as would rather pull new stuff to begin with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to two. In the first, I was allowed 6 packs... 4 were legendary! Darth Vader (!), Commanding Presence, and 2 Millennium Falcons. Trust me, when I saw that Vader, I wished I was wearing my brown pants...

The second event got me 1 legendary in 6 packs; Luke Skywalker, which I traded off for a handful of rares I really wanted. Highlights among my rares include Cunning, Qui-Gon Jinn, a Tusken Raider, a Nightsister, a Sith Holocron, and Admiral Ackbar, who actually appeared in the same pack as an uncommon It's A Trap, I kid you not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Made some new friends to play Destiny with in which three of us pulled a Legendary Han Solo while the other pulled a Legendary Falcon, kid you not.

Other Legendary cards were pulled but seeing as I was after Han (being my favorite character in the Star Wars universe followed up by Chewie) I was more than happy to have pulled him. Now to clear this up they had at least three boosters boxer if not more for us to pull from.

Now I have Han, two of his pistol, and some good cards to field Han that can more than hold his own...like "Shoot First" and few others. While still without the Legendary Falcon my two booster boxes coming on December 1st will help reunite this legendary ship with this scruffy looking nerf herder (yea, go ahead...laugh it up, fuzzball.).

P.S.
Is it just me or does anyone else really enjoy the quotes listed on the cards? For me I laughed out loud when I read the card, "He doesn't like you." In which the quote after the text is..."And I don't like you either." Sorry, just made me laugh and you want to play this card just to tell your opponent what you think of them...LOL. If only this card was a gray neutral card it would have been epic...if only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogier van Winden
Netherlands
Gieten
Drenthe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During our lauch event there were a starter and two boosters for each player.

I got the Rey Starter and from my boosters I pulled a Crime Lord and a DL 44 Heavy Blaster pistol.

Enjoyed the game very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Kirk
msg tools
mbmbmb
I was able to get A Solo, 2 falcons and crime lord from my wife and I's 12 packs. A Rey Solo deck is coming together with several yellow cards with ambush, very very happy with the cards from pre-release. Also got the rare DL-44 to go with Han. most excellent event, and it was sold out in our area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Steinke
United States
Opelika
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was lucky enough to draw a Jabba as well as a Force Choke. With Jabba throwing down focus and discards and Kylo Ren force choking left and right, it's just awesome. Now I just need another Jabba die. Oh, and more force choking. Ha ha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.